Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported car problems

Reported by afarrelltx for the Volkswagen Passat TDI

While driving 40 mph in city, engine quit running. While cranking engine to restart it, a loud banging sound came from low in the engine. Engine would not restart. Suspected a failed, chain driven balance shaft module(common on the BHW engine). That was not the problem. Mechanic pulled oil pan and found crankshaft broken at the #2 cylinder, connecting rod journal. Purchased a used engine online. The shop did the BSM delete modification and ins...

Reported by trikerider47 for the Mazda Tribute

I live where there is a lot of winter driving. All of the doors have rotted on the bottom. I do wash the car at the car wash but this still occurred.

Reported by findleyann for the Ford Explorer

heater blows cold air even after letting warm up before driving after 6miles starts to get warm but not hot

Reported by lacita1620 for the Hyundai Sonata

Had my car serviced and one week later I had no electric, not even dash light. Put key in ignition it would not start. Got jumper power to battery no electric power and removed jumper. tried moving shift lever and suddenly had power and it started. Took it to dealer and they said could nog find as long as it was working OK. Week later it happened again. Jiggled the the shift lever again and it started again. took it to dealer and he said next ...

Reported by nike50 for the Jeep Commander

My right ex manifold is leaking need to replace due to the broken bolts they are to short that's what chrysler put on my 06 jeep costing me $900.00 for a part only cost $30.00. I am so upset because they have to take the engine out just to get to the broken bolts that's is short chrysler should have put longer bolts...

Reported by slinkyi for the Volkswagen CC

2012 VW CC R Line, 2.0L Turbo 4cyl

First had the carbon build up issue at 34,500 miles. Under warranty, error codes showed malfunctions in the intake manifold. Warranty replaced the manifold. I was required to pay for the carbon build-up cleaning.

Then AGAIN at 56,000 miles, car sluggish and showing signs again of the Carbon build up. Taken to dealership on other issues and they scraped the car's internal parts showing me the gunk ...

Reported by slinkyi for the Volkswagen CC

So, in a 2012 CC R Line, 2.0L Turbo 4cyl, 22,000 miles - tires are dead due to cupping and the alignment of the car. The cupping causes road noise and it is due to the car's alignment of its tires. I have been told by the dealership that you need to rotate tires every 5k miles and ensure you have an alignment done EVERY oil change... or at least check it. good luck.

Reported by lycanmultimedia for the Jeep Wrangler

I own a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 6 speed manual transmission 6 cyl. 4.0L. The clutch pedal safety switch has broken loose from the firewall. This is a very common design flaw that Daimler Chrysler/Jeep has known about for decades but refuses to compensate owners for or do a recall on. Getto fixes include workarounds like placing a fuse into an empty fuse slot or bypassing the switch altogether. Along with that, the clutch pedal rod also...

Reported by jonibwilliams for the Ford Explorer

My two back doors will not open. I already know that the latch needs to be replaced on the doors but what I really need to know is an average of what the cost will be. A lot of places will rip you a new a**hole and it would be nice to be able to point out which car repair shop would be that average.

Reported by MSMAN for the Toyota Tacoma

This pipe is made of plastic failed and caused my engine to overheat replace my head gasket now he says no compression all because of this poor made part !!! Replacement is stainless steel thanx TOYota

Reported by Jose777 for the Mitsubishi Montero

When you are driving the temperature gauge go up and down .Please assist.

Reported by malek5 for the Lexus RX350

Diagnostic tool says Angel sensor

Reported by tomatchley for the Nissan Versa

when I turn the head lights on the dash lights go out???

Reported by DC BS for the Mercedes-Benz R350

Every time I unlock/lock the car there's a cranking sound and the alarm flashes saying car too low. The rear is evenly very low and makes a scraping sound when hitting bumps on the road

Reported by diligent for the Isuzu Ascender

(1) Please the check light is constantly on and when moving its not fast, moves slowly before picking.
(2) The diagnosis mention Top counter clutch fault code p2764/sharp control circuit.
(3) Shift cylinder control circuit fault code p0787.
Please can I have the part numbers for order?
Counting on your co-operation,
Thank you.

Reported by todopoderoso12 for the Toyota Corolla

the car turn on and drive good,but when i am going to make stop, the engine want yo turn off tanks.

Reported by Suwitno for the Toyota Yaris

auto standby for a week no engine heating, so that the battery runs out. the door can not open the alarm goes off, all system turn off (No function) such as key for door, alarm for open door and others.
How to caryout this matter.

Reported by davidsyth and 1 other for the Pontiac Sunfire

first,speed odm stop working now when head lights are turned on they start to dim at the same time the dash lights dim and all the warning lights come on, the temp and fuel gages stop working. Daylight driving only the temp gage will show 195* if I turn engine off for short time gage will not work properly. Speed odm stays all the way to the right.

2 Reports

Reported by Giltgp75 for the Mercedes-Benz C230

I change the vacuum line from the fuel regulatator due to crack i try to start car wont start it cranks

Reported by bible51 for the Dodge Neon

purchase new in 1997 was back to dealer more times then I can count. They never could pin point a cause; but they tried many things.I worked on aircraft engs. with carbon problems . The answer for my 2.0L IS AC SPARKS PLUGS. 4OZ OF MARVEL MESTERY OIL in gas tank on fill up no problems since. I use this oil in aircraft also

Reported by lever hermiz for the Infiniti QX56

I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS 1 IS TIMING CHAIN 2 IS EXHAUST CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON EXHAUST NEED TO B REPLACED. INFINITI MANUFACTOR DO WANT TO HELLP AT ALL WITH TIMEMING CHANGE I HAD TO PAY $3000 TO FIX TIMING CHAIN, AND NOW I HAVE BAD EXHAUST AT 80500 AND THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP TO COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY. WARRANTY ON EXHAUST IS 80 000 MLS. I Had this problem since 75000 mls and infiniti dealership didnt tell me was under warranty untill its the warranty...

Reported by Recovery12698330 for the Mercury Capri

I believe the hot dry climate of Az. made the handles brittle. After moving to Oregon the handles were subjected to conditions at the opposite end of the spectrum. No realm apparent solution other than using care if you make a similar move.

Reported by MWT for the GMC Sierra 2500 HD

Replace your exhaust manifold bolts stat, and get the new ones online or from O'Reilly (I think $15.99 or less for all 12) make sure grade 10.9 so they won't break off in your head. If you haven't fixed this yet don't let the dealer do the job or if you do provide the bolts as the ones they use will break shortly. I was going to get the bolts from the dealer because I wanted them quick and everyone else was sold out, but they were $6.99 each...

Reported by cmckissack for the Mercedes-Benz C350

The problem actually started with the battery going dead. Engine lamp came on. I didn't notice anything in particular with the engine other than that. After having the local Mercedes dealer examine the car they replaced the battery for $388 (P&L). They then reported that my intake manifold and gaskets needed to be replaced as well as the thermostat ($1562.87 + $443.05). After the shock wore off I went home.

Reported by MTK for the Nissan Murano

During a routine oil change and maintenance, Midway Nissan told me the head gasket was leaking and told me the price would be over $3000. I was aghast to have a major engine repair just outside of warranty. Looking on line, I seemed to be a fairly common problem due to poor quality/faulty gaskets used by Nissan during manufacture. I called Nissan expecting they would surely due something for me to protect their reputation (e.g. major engine r...

Reported by 1999sonny for the Buick LeSabre

My heat dont work just blows out cold air sometimes

Reported by RLW860 for the Kia Rio

I purchased this vehicle because I was tired of purchasing used vehicles and having to make repairs all of the time. I have had to have the ignition coils replaced 2 times within the last year. This wouldn't be a bug deal if each coil wasn't $100+ to replace! I do not recommend this vehicle at all.

Reported by jonathan1973 and 1 other for the Chevrolet Impala

driver seat is not going back in a straight position and is getting stuck half way back

2 Reports

Reported by joecable for the Toyota Corolla

water pump bearings were going was replace today under warranty ...scary that a new car had a problem so soon first time ever for me with a new car.

Reported by GeoffW1 for the Toyota Camry

After much investigation of temp sender, fuel injectors, and ignition parts, the problem was traced to the ECU. On replacement, the problem was fixed.