Mercury Problem Reports

Newest Mercury Problem Reports

When it gets up enough speed for second gear it revs up and eventually catches and resumes normally.

Solution: Ford Motor company has a recall on this part. Had mine repaired yesterday, May 8, 2015.
Matthews Currie Ford, Venice, Fl. No charge to me. Check with your dealership for the recall information...
Good Luck..

I keep having to replace my front wheel bearings, both sides. I'm luck if I get 6-8 mos, new or used do not matter.

Well because I can't get out from under the warranty, meaning I can't get the part to last as long as its supposed to, I'm basically guaranteed lifetime of the vehicle, replacement bearings and the dealership hates me cuz of it...

I have 2 other friends same make n model...same problem. Why isn't this recalled yet?

I've...

The rear window wiper may not fully contact the rear window. To fix, replacement of both the wiper blade and wiper arm is necessary.

I believe the hot dry climate of Az. made the handles brittle. After moving to Oregon the handles were subjected to conditions at the opposite end of the spectrum. No realm apparent solution other than using care if you make a similar move.

My car cranks but won't start, at first it would start and ram its self just a lil and every time I stopped at a red light or stop singe it would sshot off on me and when it was on I would have to keep one foot on the brake and one on the gas I already changed the starter battery spark plugs spark plug wires, I still can't get my car to start can you please help me.

Low compression caused by leakage from exhaust valves can cause the check engine light to illuminate indicating an engine misfire. The cylinder head will need to be rebuilt by a qualified machine shop if possible. Please note that this problem will require careful diagnosis because misfires can also be caused by basic ignition components like spark plugs, coils, etc.

The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.

The hybrid models have a coolant pump that cools control electronics. The pump can fail or spin slowly, which causes a Check Engine Light to illuminate and complete engine shut down.

The Check Engine Light will illuminate and the engine will idle roughly when cold. There are updated upper intake manifold gaskets to resolve the problem.

A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.

Bad spark plugs or an ignition coil can cause ignition misfire, which will illuminate the Check Engine Light.

The distributor may become internally contaminated with engine oil because of an internal seal failure. This causes ignition failure because the distributor cap has filled with oil. If this happens, the car will not start.

The car had 64600 miles on it and the headlights started going out while driving, which can be very dangerous. The problem is in the Light Control Module which is an expensive part (around $500 to $600 + labor).

Im stuck like Chuck with this Sable. More money has been put in for repairs in last two years than what BlueBook value is. Since mandated Emissions Testing in Travis County this car has not been able to pass inspection due to Check engine and more than 5 error codes on 5 Banks. Ive had to replace catalyc convertors. manifolds, any senSor you can think of. After shelling out 900 to 1000 bucks it miracously PASSES! Within a few days that annoyin...