Mercedes-Benz Problem Reports

Most Reported Mercedes-Benz Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A problem with the ball joints can cause a creaking noise. There is an updated part to remedy this problem.

After having to add coolant several times, found coolant in oil pan when I changed oil in my Mercedes-Banz CLK 320. Mechanic said I need a new engine. Car runs fine. Can this problem be fixed? I don't have money for a new engine now, and I depend on this car. What do you recommend? Has anybody had a similar problem? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Leaking at top driver side of the tank at the hose clamp/hose location. Possibly crack/broken plastic hose connection.

My C240 recently stalled twice within one week, Check engine light on only for a few minutes, then wouldn't start after gassing up. This car has scheduled maintenance up-to-date.
Towed to a shop 3 days ago. Seems like it should be an easy fix or not?

If you have ever locked yourself out of your C240, you know what a pain, embarrassing, nightmare it is. Dogs in car, engine on etc. Luckily I had someone close by available to help get my spare key. Does anyone know if we can disable that "auto-lock" feature?

The infrared lens in my car doesn't work at all, from the Driver side never worked, but on the Pass. side some times works and it's very a few times.

The transmission drive selector module may fail resulting in the loss of gear selection capability. In most cases this condition will leave the vehicle stranded and require replacement of the drive selector module.

The transmission drive selector module may fail resulting in the loss of gear selection capability. This condition can leave the vehicle stranded, and will require replacement of the drive selector module.

The supplemental restraint system (SRS)/airbag light may illuminate due to damaged wires in the steering column. Any damaged wires should to be repaired and protected as necessary from further damage.

The rear bulb warning message may be displayed even if the rear bulbs appear to be functioning correctly. This can be caused by a poor connection between the bulb housing and the socket. Our technicians recommend to "hard wire" the socket to the housing, eliminating the contacts as an issue.

The HVAC blower motor may fail. This is commonly caused by water entry through the cabin air filter areas during heavy rain or snow. Failed blower motors should be replaced. Our technicians tell us there is no special fix for this issue at this time.

replaced the battery. (kept the system on line with charger during replacement) The car will start, but will shut off in 3 seconds. If I hit the panic button and then start the car it will run. Once the car reaches 3 gear the system shuts down again.

Intermitent failure of turn signals,emergency flasher and intermitent wiper mode.(on same curcuit)
My fix.. Disconnect battery. Remove and clean terminals and boss on and all three ground wire bundles located on the right front shock tower (brown wires and battery ground) with emery cloth
Clean and coat with dielectric grease and re-install and tighten firmly. Re-connect battery.

Xenon bulb was replaced but stopped working immediately. Replace control module (ignitor) for $625 (Mercedes part) + one hour labor.

automatic transmission failure. Metal in filings in pan