Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Mercedes-Benz problems

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz CLS55 AMG

Lack of audio or cell phone functionality may be related to the failure of the audio gateway module.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz E350

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) modulator assembly may fail due to dirty brake fluid. Our technicians recommend a complete brake system flush every two years in order to help prevent this problem.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz E350 4MATIC

It is not uncommon to encounter premature failure of the anti-lock brake system (ABS) modulator assembly due to dirty brake fluid. Our technicians recommend flushing the brake fluid every two years in order to help prevent this problem.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz CLS55 AMG

Rear air springs (bellows) may develop leaks, which causes the air pump to run more often to maintain ride height. Our technicians recommend that leaking air springs be replaced.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz R63 AMG

Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz S500

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz CLS55 AMG

The early versions of the central gateway module (which allows different systems to communicate with each other) have software problems.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz R63 AMG

A problem with the ball joints can cause a creaking noise. There is an updated part to remedy this problem.

Reported by redwarts for the Mercedes-Benz CLK320

After having to add coolant several times, found coolant in oil pan when I changed oil in my Mercedes-Banz CLK 320. Mechanic said I need a new engine. Car runs fine. Can this problem be fixed? I don't have money for a new engine now, and I depend on this car. What do you recommend? Has anybody had a similar problem? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reported by ml55-amg for the Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG

Leaking at top driver side of the tank at the hose clamp/hose location. Possibly crack/broken plastic hose connection.

Reported by Doxiemom for the Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC

My C240 recently stalled twice within one week, Check engine light on only for a few minutes, then wouldn't start after gassing up. This car has scheduled maintenance up-to-date.
Towed to a shop 3 days ago. Seems like it should be an easy fix or not?

Reported by Doxiemom for the Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC

If you have ever locked yourself out of your C240, you know what a pain, embarrassing, nightmare it is. Dogs in car, engine on etc. Luckily I had someone close by available to help get my spare key. Does anyone know if we can disable that "auto-lock" feature?

Reported by mustafatel for the Mercedes-Benz C240

The infrared lens in my car doesn't work at all, from the Driver side never worked, but on the Pass. side some times works and it's very a few times.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz GL320 BLUETEC

The transmission drive selector module may fail resulting in the loss of gear selection capability. In most cases this condition will leave the vehicle stranded and require replacement of the drive selector module.

Verified for the Mercedes-Benz ML320 BLUETEC

The transmission drive selector module may fail resulting in the loss of gear selection capability. This condition can leave the vehicle stranded, and will require replacement of the drive selector module.