» »

Problems for specific Mazda Mazda6 years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Mazda Mazda6 problems

Verified for the Mazda Mazda6

Mazda issued an emissions recall due to a problem with the Swirl Shutter Valve; this would cause the Check Engine light to illuminate.

8 Reports

Reported by Richmaz and 1 other for the Mazda Mazda6

Mazda just replaced my transmission under warranty due to it slipping from 1st to 2nd gear

2 Reports

Reported by drpinkwater and 7 others for the Mazda Mazda6

I went in for an oil change today at the Mazda dealership and was told that I had a battery cable corrosion issue. My service rep told me the cable wires that attach to the battery are corroded and that I would need to replace them with a new wiring harness as soon as possible. Due to this problem, I also need a new battery. The estimated cost is $600. The service rep said at any time the cables could snap causing the car to completely sto...

8 Reports

Verified for the Mazda Mazda6

The engine may overheat due to erratic engine cooling fan operation as a result of a faulty cooling fan control module. Replacement of the fan control module would be necessary to correct this condition. Our technicians tell us the Mazda may provide assistance with the cost of this repair.

28 Reports

Verified for the Mazda Mazda6

A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.

30 Reports

Verified for the Mazda Mazda6

Some models may have a problem with stalling under light acceleration. Updated software for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available which may help with this concern.

9 Reports

Verified for the Mazda Mazda6
Mazda recalled certain models due a problem that could cause the fog light bulb to fall out of the fog light assembly. The repair involved inspecting the fog lights and installing a spring clip to prevent the light bulb from falling out.
1 Report