Lexus Problem Reports

Newest Lexus Problem Reports

I turned my car off and when I came back to leave the car has lost total power. Nothing works. No horn, interior lights, head lights, door signals and will not crank. Please help

Car has a defective part which Lexus will not admit too, a defective axle assembly.

I have a 1995 Lexus Ls400 and the passenger side rear end air suspension is not working I was looking on ebay for the parts but I do not know if I should buy a conversion kit and replace all four and will that be all I need to fix it or will it be cheaper just to get a new air suspension and will I have to replace all four as well

Diagnostic tool says Angel sensor

An abnormal fan belt noise may be noted. Our technicians tell us a revised fan belt tensioner is available to correct this concern.

I am the original owner and still love this car. Solid ride, no squeaks, and still can tear ass. One night, the Check Engine light and BOTH VSC lights came on. I paniced. I looked in the owner's manual and it said I could continue to drive the car, but to be aware that the VSC was was not enabled. Furthermore, I should take the car to the dealer for (expensive?) diagnosis and repairs. The next day, for some unknown reason, I did a Google...

Amplifiers started chirping then system stopped operating.

This models has history of AMP has to be sent out for after market repair at $700 or replacement from Lexus at $2600.

Rash of comments in forums with Lexus Mark Levinson AMPs with this issue.

Our Lexus displayed a check engine warning and P0AA6 Code and then immediately stopped working. Upon inspection at dealer, the entire bottom floor of the cabin (under the floor boards) was flooded without any visible water damage inside the cabin or any visible point of water entry. We were given an estimate of approximately $11,000 to repair because the entire hybrid battery system had to be replace, inverter and other components along with ...

The problem was that when coming to a stop, I would get the sensation of letting a manual transmission car stop without engaging the clutch; i.e. a shuttering sensation. The diagnosis was that the shift solenoid "E" encased in the transmission was faulty (PO770). The problem is that this part has been replaced twice within a 12 month period leading me to believe there is something really wrong with the diagnosis, treatment and possibly the t...

A vibration may be noted in the brake pedal or steering wheel when the brakes are applied. This is commonly caused by warped front brake rotors. The affected rotors must be re-machined or replaced to correct this concern.

If your power steering pump is making noises or leaking, get it fixed ASAP or you will likely be replacing your alternator too. The alternator is located right below the P/S pump and if fluid drips into it it will short out the alternator, this has been occured many times.

Also, if you get a puff of white smoke in the morning it may be a bad speed sensitive steering solenoid, which screws into the power steering pump and has a vacuum line ...

Clunking noise coming from rear when stopping and starting. The bushings in my rear carrier arms (I think, it's been awhile since I replaced, crawl under car and find the arm that moves around significantly when pressure is applied) were COMPLETELY worn out, the rubber was missing and the metal housings were just flopping around.

Use aftermarket bushing ADUS 505 (about $35 each, search online) to rebuilt each arm. Repair isn't too bad if...

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0AA6 stored for a hybrid battery isolation fault. Our technicians tell us this may be caused by water intrusion into the high voltage battery case. The water may be a result of cracking body seam dealer above the rear door strut mount. Any water leaks should be repaired and the high voltage battery system inspected for water damage and repaired and dried as necessary.

Higher mileage cars can develop creaking and groaning noises in the front suspension, particularly when coming to a quick stop. Inspection and replacement of any worn parts should correct this concern.