Lexus LS400 Problem Reports

Most Reported Lexus LS400 Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

Higher mileage cars can develop creaking and groaning noises in the front suspension, particularly when coming to a quick stop. Inspection and replacement of any worn parts should correct this concern.

If your power steering pump is making noises or leaking, get it fixed ASAP or you will likely be replacing your alternator too. The alternator is located right below the P/S pump and if fluid drips into it it will short out the alternator, this has been occured many times.

Also, if you get a puff of white smoke in the morning it may be a bad speed sensitive steering solenoid, which screws into the power steering pump and has a vacuum line ...

The problem was that when coming to a stop, I would get the sensation of letting a manual transmission car stop without engaging the clutch; i.e. a shuttering sensation. The diagnosis was that the shift solenoid "E" encased in the transmission was faulty (PO770). The problem is that this part has been replaced twice within a 12 month period leading me to believe there is something really wrong with the diagnosis, treatment and possibly the t...

bearing frozen

Clunking noise coming from rear when stopping and starting. The bushings in my rear carrier arms (I think, it's been awhile since I replaced, crawl under car and find the arm that moves around significantly when pressure is applied) were COMPLETELY worn out, the rubber was missing and the metal housings were just flopping around.

Use aftermarket bushing ADUS 505 (about $35 each, search online) to rebuilt each arm. Repair isn't too bad if...

I have a 1995 Lexus Ls400 and the passenger side rear end air suspension is not working I was looking on ebay for the parts but I do not know if I should buy a conversion kit and replace all four and will that be all I need to fix it or will it be cheaper just to get a new air suspension and will I have to replace all four as well