Kia Rio Problem Reports

Newest Kia Rio Problem Reports

I purchased this vehicle because I was tired of purchasing used vehicles and having to make repairs all of the time. I have had to have the ignition coils replaced 2 times within the last year. This wouldn't be a bug deal if each coil wasn't $100+ to replace! I do not recommend this vehicle at all.

Purchased new, brake light switch went out at 18,000 miles, removed switch, shot some spray grease into the switch, tested it with the meter worked everytime, replaced and has worked until 33,000 miles. buying new switch this time.
Only other issues is a chirping noise seems to be coming from a/c, bearing could be going out, belt is not loose. this car has had this noise from around 5,000 miles.
Seems like the windshield defogger air vents a...

A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.

Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.

I had just merged with the interstate and had been driving about 1 mile at 65mph when my 2008 KIA Rio 5 lost power. I looked down and saw a blinking engine light and possible electric (everything was happening very fast) light. At that moment I heard a very loud metallic "crunch", very hard to describe but one that just tells you something very bad just happened. Thinking that when I glanced at the dash I may have hit something I checked th...

Due to a problem with the automatic transmission control computer, you may experience erroneous Check Engine Light illumination; an updated control module is available.

Make sure the transmission is filled with Kia-approved transmission fluid and at the correct level. Our technicians tell using incorrect transmission fluid or operating the transmission when it is low on fluid can result in internal transmission damage.

check light is on

Kia issued a service bulletin regarding an improved rear seat belt mechanism. The mechanism has a range of movement that works better with child car seats.