Kia Problem Reports

Newest Kia Problem Reports

Power steering went out. Replaced pump,and pressure hose,still leaked, and wouldn't steer properly. There is a small filter in it that clogs and needs to be cleaned. It was the problem all along after $1200 in repairs. Will never own another Kia. Service sucks and more expensive than you can imagine to "try" and repair.

I purchased this vehicle because I was tired of purchasing used vehicles and having to make repairs all of the time. I have had to have the ignition coils replaced 2 times within the last year. This wouldn't be a bug deal if each coil wasn't $100+ to replace! I do not recommend this vehicle at all.

but it will start but the motor is making some noise. will it be safe to put the oil back in it and a new filter and fire it up

$110 TO DIAGNOSE AND THE KIA DELAERSHIP TOLD ME ITS A CLOCK SWITCH? WHAT EVER THAT IS AND IT IS AROUND 540.00 TO FIX THAT! THEY SAID MY AIR BAG MAY NOT WORK IF IN AN ACCIDENT! I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A CRASH, AND SUDDENLY AFTER MY WARRANTY MY AIR BAG LIGHT COMES ON FOR NO REASON, THIS SUCKS!

Check engine light on at 1304 miles, dealer says mis fire #2 cylinder----- check engine light on at 2497 miles, dealer says mis fire #2 cylinder and changes spark plug ------ check engine light on at 19735 miles, dealer says #2 cylinder mis fire and replaces spark plug wires & plugs ------- check engine light on, dealer says #2 mis fire and replaces all injectors, wires and plugs -------- check engine light on at 93142, dealer says #2 cylinder...

An engine misfire may develop due to a failed ignition coil. Our technicians tell us one coil is used for each cylinder. If one fails, often times another is not far behind. It may be worth considering replacing all the coils if a failure is encountered.

Timing belts can break prematurely and cause serious engine damage. When replacing a broken timing belt, the crankshaft position sensor should also be replaced as it most likely has suffered damage as well.

I bought my 2008 Rondo from a dealer in 2009 with 15000 miles on it. At approx. 36000 miles it left me stranded in town. I called roadside assist, towed to Kia, fuel pumped replaced under warranty. New pump came with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. Now at 51,877 miles, stranded again, towed to Kia ( roadside assistance out of warranty), now the fuel pump needs replaced again, this time out of my pocket >$500.00 plus tow plus rental. I found t...

The airbag warning light may illuminate erroneously.  This can be caused by an internal defect in the control module. Replacement of the airbag control module with a revised part may be necessary to correct this concern.

2001 Kia spectra driver window won't go up and down. The same problem with 2002 Kia sorento driver rear window motor went also

Purchased new, brake light switch went out at 18,000 miles, removed switch, shot some spray grease into the switch, tested it with the meter worked everytime, replaced and has worked until 33,000 miles. buying new switch this time.
Only other issues is a chirping noise seems to be coming from a/c, bearing could be going out, belt is not loose. this car has had this noise from around 5,000 miles.
Seems like the windshield defogger air vents a...

Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.