Jeep Grand Cherokee Problem Reports

Newest Jeep Grand Cherokee Problem Reports

Leaks at the front and/or rear differential pinion seal and from the transfer case are common. Leakage from the transfer case normally occurs at the case-mating surfaces and require removal of the transfer case to reseal.

Loose or worn suspension and steering components can cause a wobble or shaking in the steering wheel. It may happen at a certain speed and subside as the vehicle accelerates through the range. Tire balance can contribute to this as well.

Software updates are available to solve various Check Engine Light and warning light related issues.

The power window motor commonly fails in the front and rear doors. This may require replacement of the complete window regulator assembly which will include the window motor.

The AC evaporator drain commonly clogs and causes water to leak onto the passenger side floor. A sloshing noise may also be heard from the water inside the heater housing. Decaying organic debris in the housing may cause an odor. A service bulletin (TSB 24-06-96) was released; it describes how to clean the drain tube without removing the heater AC housing.

On January 17th I took my car in because I went to the gas station after leaving home got my gas went in to pay for my gas came out and my car would not start. Tried starting it 15 times and finally it started. Took it into the dealership and they said that the battery was bad so I replaced it. Today left my home vehicle started. I got to the gas station again shut the car off locked it came back out within 20 minutes and it would not start ...

Due to warped front brake rotors or variations in the thickness of the rotors, brake pulsations may develop. The best method to reduce pulsations is to use an "On the Car" brake lathe (as long as the rotors are suitable for turning). "On the Car" equipment can correct variations (or "runout") in the rotor surfaces because it also corrects variations in other components (e.g. the hub).

Vehicles with manual temperature control may develop a condition where warm air is coming from the instrument panel outlets when cold has been selected. Our technicians tell us a revised air distribution housing is available to correct this concern.

The power right side rear view mirror may not adjust correctly. Our technicians tell us a revised mirror assembly is available which can correct this concern.

The remote keyless entry system may not function intermittently. Our technicians tell us revised software for the wireless ignition node is available which can correct this concern.

When towing a trailer, if may be noted the left turn signal is not functioning. This can be caused by excess silicone on terminal 1 of the trailer tow connector. Our technicians tell us that removing the excess silicone with a small, straight blade tool should correct this issue.

Spark knock, noise/vibration/harshness, and/or Check Engine Light issues may develop. Our technicians tell us powertrain control module (PCM) software upgrades may correct these concerns.

The engine may develop a rough idle after cold start with the Check Engine Light illuminated and code P050D stored. Our technicians tell us a powertrain control module (PCM) software upgrade is available to correct this concern.

On Vehicles with a 4.7L or 5.7L V8 engine, the Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P2181 for a cooling system performance fault. Or technicians tell us that updated software for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available to correct this concern.

On Vehicles with a 3.7L V6 or 4.7L V8 engine, the Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P013A and/or P013C. Or technicians tell us that updated software for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available to correct this concern.