Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Jeep problems

Reported by jesus1st and 9 others for the Jeep Grand Cherokee

On January 17th I took my car in because I went to the gas station after leaving home got my gas went in to pay for my gas came out and my car would not start. Tried starting it 15 times and finally it started. Took it into the dealership and they said that the battery was bad so I replaced it. Today left my home vehicle started. I got to the gas station again shut the car off locked it came back out within 20 minutes and it would not start ...

Verified for the Jeep Liberty

The manual transmission may jump out of gear. Our technicians tell us that replacing the 1-2 synchronizer assembly should correct this concern.

Verified for the Jeep Commander

An abnormal noise may develop from the HVAC blower motor as a result of debris ingestion. After any debris is removed, an air baffle screen can be installed on the inlet opening under the cowl grill to try and prevent a re-occurrence of the problem.

Verified for the Jeep Grand Cherokee

A small leak from loose charcoal in the charcoal canister (part of the Evaporative Emissions System) may cause Check Engine Light illumination.

Verified for the Jeep Liberty

There are a number of checks to perform if the windows do not move smoothly through their travel. It may be interference between parts, the window regulator, or the window run channel.

Verified for the Jeep Wrangler

Ignition wire failures can cause a rough idle or intermittent engine misfire and there might not be a Check Engine light.

Verified for the Jeep Patriot

Vehicles equipped with manual transmissions may become difficult to shift. The repair may involve replacing the 3rd/4th/5ht & reverse gear synchronizer rings as a set.

Verified for the Jeep Compass

A fluid leak may be noted from the front struts and/or the vehicle may handle "rough" Our technicians tell us that replacing the leaking struts and installing a revised jounce bumper and dust shield should correct these concerns.

Verified for the Jeep Patriot

Verified for the Jeep Cherokee

Verified for the Jeep Grand Cherokee

A broken seat heater element located in the seat cover may make the seat heater inoperative. The condition usually occurs in the seat bottom; two repair kits are needed for each seat.

Verified for the Jeep Wrangler

Jeep issued a recall on the ignition switch because the switch could short-circuit in the presence of water or impurities.

Verified for the Jeep Liberty

Broken exhaust manifold bolts can create an exhaust leak; the exhaust manifold gaskets and bolts should be replaced.

Verified for the Jeep Liberty

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code on or more of the following codes: P2302, P2305, P2308, P2311, P2314, P2317, P2610. Reprogramming of the PCM will be necessary to correct this concern.