Jeep Problem Reports

Most Reported Jeep Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

When towing a trailer, if may be noted the left turn signal is not functioning. This can be caused by excess silicone on terminal 1 of the trailer tow connector. Our technicians tell us that removing the excess silicone with a small, straight blade tool should correct this issue.

Excess effort may be required to engage the rear defroster switch. This is commonly caused by flexing of the automatic temperature control housing. Our technicians tell us this can be corrected by securing the control housing using special screws available from Jeep dealers.

An engine overheating condition may develop due to a coolant flow issue. Our technicians tell us that debris may block the cylinder head coolant port at the primary thermostat housing. Removing the debris should correct this concern.

On vehicles with a Boston Acoustics Audio System, the display may not return to the equalizer settings after using the hands free/voice recognition mode. Our technicians tell us an amplifier software upgrade is available to correct this concern.

The engine may develop a rough idle after cold start with the Check Engine Light illuminated and code P050D. Additionally, code P2610 may be stored with no other symptoms. Our technicians tell us a powertrain control module (PCM) software upgrade is available to correct these concerns.

Spark knock, noise/vibration/harshness, and/or Check Engine Light issues may develop. Our technicians tell us powertrain control module (PCM) software upgrades may correct these concerns.

The power right side rear view mirror may not adjust correctly. Our technicians tell us a revised mirror assembly is available which can correct this concern.

The automatic transmission may stay in "default" mode with no fault codes stored. Reprogramming the powertrain control module (PCM) may be necessary to correct this concern.

I own a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 6 speed manual transmission 6 cyl. 4.0L. The clutch pedal safety switch has broken loose from the firewall. This is a very common design flaw that Daimler Chrysler/Jeep has known about for decades but refuses to compensate owners for or do a recall on. Getto fixes include workarounds like placing a fuse into an empty fuse slot or bypassing the switch altogether. Along with that, the clutch pedal rod also...

My right ex manifold is leaking need to replace due to the broken bolts they are to short that's what chrysler put on my 06 jeep costing me $900.00 for a part only cost $30.00. I am so upset because they have to take the engine out just to get to the broken bolts that's is short chrysler should have put longer bolts...

My '08 Jeep Patriot eats lower ball joints. The right front was replaced at 36k miles. Left one went out at 43k miles. We called Chrysler to file a complaint and they paid to have it replaced at the dealership . We are now replacing the one the left front once again for third time! I heard the '07s were recalled for these and auto parts store said they can't keep them on the shelves.

just bought a use 2007 jeep Cherokee srt8 and after 4 days and returning home from work in the morning I notice the gage cluster lid up like a Christmas tree it flicks on and off my understanding this is a recall?? any info on this will be highly appreciated

occasionally and not as often stalls while stopped i can turn it to off position and turn on and drives fine but is happening more frequently