Infiniti QX56 Problem Reports

Newest Infiniti QX56 Problem Reports

I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS 1 IS TIMING CHAIN 2 IS EXHAUST CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON EXHAUST NEED TO B REPLACED. INFINITI MANUFACTOR DO WANT TO HELLP AT ALL WITH TIMEMING CHANGE I HAD TO PAY $3000 TO FIX TIMING CHAIN, AND NOW I HAVE BAD EXHAUST AT 80500 AND THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP TO COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY. WARRANTY ON EXHAUST IS 80 000 MLS. I Had this problem since 75000 mls and infiniti dealership didnt tell me was under warranty untill its the warranty...

It is not uncommon one or both of the exhaust manifolds to crack resulting in an exhaust leak. Symptoms will begin as a ticking type noise noted on acceleration when the engine is cold.

The airbag (SRS) light may illuminate with code B1177 and/or B1182, related to the front seat belt pre-tensioners. Our technicians tell us revised front seat belt buckles are available to correct this concern.

White powdery spray pattern across the top plastic cover on the engine indicates a leaking radiator cap, a common problem. My 2005 did it for a couple of years with no significant drop in the coolant level until I realized what it was. I always mistook it for salt or dirt spray under the hood. A new $14 radiator cap from the dealer fixed this. NAPA, Autozone and Advance Auto did not have one. The rubber seal in the cap hardens over time and wo...

These electric fans in front of the radiator come on with the A/C compressor, and develop loud rattling noises with age, maybe from bad bearings. Some early ones were replaced under a campaign but my 2005 was not. I finally unplugged it until I could replace it. It is pricey at the dealer because the whole front bumper painted cover and steel bumper underneath have to come off to get the fan out.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an EVAP system charcoal canister purge control valve fault. Our technicians tell us that if the valve requires replacement, a revised part is available which should be installed.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0451 stored, (EVAP system pressure sensor problem). If no fault is found with the pressure sensor electrical circuit, our technicians recommend reprogramming the vehicle's powertrain control module (PCM) with updated software.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with a code P1421 stored. Our technicians recommend  reprogramming the powertrain control module (PCM) with the latest software to correct this concern.

A clunking or popping noise may develop when driving over pot holes or rough roads, the front coil springs may be the source of the noise. Our technicians tell us updated parts are available to address this problem.

The GPS screen may intermittently "lock up" and the faulty can be corrected by turning off the ignition for several minutes. Our technicians tell us that updating the GPS software should correct this concern.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0133 and/or P0153 stored. Our technicians suggest reprogramming the vehicle's powertrain control module (PCM) with updated software to correct this concern.

An abnormal noise may develop from the timing chain area, Our technicians tell us it may be necessary to replace the variable valve timing camshaft shaft sprockets to correct this concern.

The rear power door may not open or close properly, or make a grinding noise from inside the rear trim panel. If this occurs our technicians recommend to check for loose or damaged hardware at the rear door motor. Replace damaged hardware as required and use bolt retaining compound when reassembling the door motor hardware.

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) and/or brake warning light may illuminate, this may or may not be associated with a brake pedal pulsation. If a trouble code C1179 is stored, reprogramming the ABS system may be necessary to correct this concern.

The fuel gauge may be slow to register, fail to read full when the gas tank is actually full, or read inaccurately. Our technicians tell us there is a redesigned fuel tank sender unit to remedy this problem.