Infiniti QX56 Problem Reports

Most Reported Infiniti QX56 Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

It is not uncommon one or both of the exhaust manifolds to crack resulting in an exhaust leak. Symptoms will begin as a ticking type noise noted on acceleration when the engine is cold.

The rear power door may not open or close properly, or make a grinding noise from inside the rear trim panel. If this occurs our technicians recommend to check for loose or damaged hardware at the rear door motor. Replace damaged hardware as required and use bolt retaining compound when reassembling the door motor hardware.

The fuel gauge may be slow to register, fail to read full when the gas tank is actually full, or read inaccurately. Our technicians tell us there is a redesigned fuel tank sender unit to remedy this problem.

A clunking or popping noise may develop when driving over pot holes or rough roads, the front coil springs may be the source of the noise. Our technicians tell us updated parts are available to address this problem.

An abnormal noise may develop from the timing chain area, Our technicians tell us it may be necessary to replace the variable valve timing camshaft shaft sprockets to correct this concern.

The airbag (SRS) light may illuminate with code B1177 and/or B1182, related to the front seat belt pre-tensioners. Our technicians tell us revised front seat belt buckles are available to correct this concern.

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) and/or brake warning light may illuminate, this may or may not be associated with a brake pedal pulsation. If a trouble code C1179 is stored, reprogramming the ABS system may be necessary to correct this concern.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with controller area network (CAN) fault codes stored. Our technicians tell us that cleaning the electrical ground connections around the powertrain control module (PCM) to allow better electrical conductivity should help with this concern.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0133 and/or P0153 stored. Our technicians suggest reprogramming the vehicle's powertrain control module (PCM) with updated software to correct this concern.

The GPS screen may intermittently "lock up" and the faulty can be corrected by turning off the ignition for several minutes. Our technicians tell us that updating the GPS software should correct this concern.

I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS 1 IS TIMING CHAIN 2 IS EXHAUST CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON EXHAUST NEED TO B REPLACED. INFINITI MANUFACTOR DO WANT TO HELLP AT ALL WITH TIMEMING CHANGE I HAD TO PAY $3000 TO FIX TIMING CHAIN, AND NOW I HAVE BAD EXHAUST AT 80500 AND THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP TO COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY. WARRANTY ON EXHAUST IS 80 000 MLS. I Had this problem since 75000 mls and infiniti dealership didnt tell me was under warranty untill its the warranty...

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with a code P1421 stored. Our technicians recommend  reprogramming the powertrain control module (PCM) with the latest software to correct this concern.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0451 stored, (EVAP system pressure sensor problem). If no fault is found with the pressure sensor electrical circuit, our technicians recommend reprogramming the vehicle's powertrain control module (PCM) with updated software.

The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an EVAP system charcoal canister purge control valve fault. Our technicians tell us that if the valve requires replacement, a revised part is available which should be installed.

These electric fans in front of the radiator come on with the A/C compressor, and develop loud rattling noises with age, maybe from bad bearings. Some early ones were replaced under a campaign but my 2005 was not. I finally unplugged it until I could replace it. It is pricey at the dealer because the whole front bumper painted cover and steel bumper underneath have to come off to get the fan out.