Hyundai Elantra Problem Reports

Most Reported Hyundai Elantra Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.

Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.

A failing vapor canister purge valve may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. This valve is part of the evaporative (EVAP) emission control system.

My power windows won't work. Power locks function well but the buttons for my windows won't.

The airbag warning light may illuminate due to an internal fault with the driver's side airbag. Hyundai has issued a recall for this concern. The recall applies to 1994 & 1995 models only.

System component failure can cause the airbag warning light to illuminate. Stored fault codes should be diagnosed to help isolate the cause of the problem. A recall for the driver's side airbag applies to 1994 & 1995 models only.

Engine stalling or failure to start may indicate crankshaft angle sensor failure; Hyundai issued a recall.

This is more of a nuisance than a severe mechanical problem: my headlight lens both have filmed over. Light output to the road has decreased as a result. I checked out numerous headlight lens cleaners and polishers, but nothing guaranteed a solution. I saw that some kits contained a high grit sandpaper. I decided to experiment, as my lights couldn't get any worse, and used some Bon Ami on a wet cloth and rubbed the lens vigorously. It wo...

I am not able to run my music and pod casts through the radio after I upgraded to iOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6. The previous operating system worked fine. It is not the cable and I think it has something to do with the firmware on the radio. The radio is OEM Part # 961402L1004X. This has been very frustrating for me because the combination of the radio, iPhone 6 and previous operating system worked fine. Can you help me? Others are having this...