Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Hyundai problems

Verified for the Hyundai Sonata

Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.

Verified for the Hyundai XG350

If the alternator fails, it should be replaced with an improved design which is better able to replenish electrical power to the battery. The new alternator requires a different diameter drive belt.

Verified for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

A whine type noise may be noted from the power steering pump. This can be caused by a clogged reservoir which can aerate the power steering fluid. Cleaning the reservoir screen will restore proper fluid flow, reducing the noise.

Verified for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

Verified for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

A creak or tick type may be noted from the sunroof when closed. This is commonly caused by drying of the sunroof weather strip. Our technicians recommend lubing the sunroof weatherstrip with a dry silicone lube to correct this issue.

Reported by Cricket777 for the Hyundai Sonata

I had my car to many mechanics and replaced many parts when my temp gauge kept reading hot, but it actually wasn't. A master tech finally listened to me and went directly to the problem. The manufacturer had not installed one of my ground wires to the engine. That explains why I kept going through batteries and headlight bulbs. Finally the issue got to my temp gauge and my window motor. Not having that ground, my car was handling it in oth...

Reported by nosws6 for the Hyundai Genesis 4.6

On my third set of rear tires with 16000 miles. all worn out on the inside the rest of the tire is like new. Hyundai says that there is not a problem.