Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Hyundai problems

Verified for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

A whine type noise may be noted from the power steering pump. This can be caused by a clogged reservoir which can aerate the power steering fluid. Cleaning the reservoir screen will restore proper fluid flow, reducing the noise.

Verified for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

The theft system alarm may sound for no apparent reason. The is commonly caused by a faulty hood closed switch. A new, slightly taller switch is available to correct this concern.

Verified for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

A creak or tick type may be noted from the sunroof when closed. This is commonly caused by drying of the sunroof weather strip. Our technicians recommend lubing the sunroof weatherstrip with a dry silicone lube to correct this issue.

Reported by Cricket777 for the Hyundai Sonata

I had my car to many mechanics and replaced many parts when my temp gauge kept reading hot, but it actually wasn't. A master tech finally listened to me and went directly to the problem. The manufacturer had not installed one of my ground wires to the engine. That explains why I kept going through batteries and headlight bulbs. Finally the issue got to my temp gauge and my window motor. Not having that ground, my car was handling it in oth...

Reported by nosws6 for the Hyundai Genesis 4.6

On my third set of rear tires with 16000 miles. all worn out on the inside the rest of the tire is like new. Hyundai says that there is not a problem.

Reported by Coleman352 for the Hyundai Veracruz

We have had the VeraCruz since 12/07, today we replaced the third alternator and battery. Solution=replace with another junk Hyundai alternator.

Reported by Tambell for the Hyundai Santa Fe

I just had the speedometer sensor replaced on 12/2/12 and today 12/8/12 it stopped working. Before the part was put on all fuses were checked and for any electrical problems there were none. So it was replaced seven days later it stops. Other then that this car has been very good alomst owned it for a year. one owner before all work done at dealer.I have a warrenty on the sensor no problem but not on labor just wondering if this is an issue on...