Hyundai Problem Reports

Most Reported Hyundai Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A creak or tick type may be noted from the sunroof when closed. This is commonly caused by drying of the sunroof weather strip. Our technicians recommend lubing the sunroof weatherstrip with a dry silicone lube to correct this issue.

This is more of a nuisance than a severe mechanical problem: my headlight lens both have filmed over. Light output to the road has decreased as a result. I checked out numerous headlight lens cleaners and polishers, but nothing guaranteed a solution. I saw that some kits contained a high grit sandpaper. I decided to experiment, as my lights couldn't get any worse, and used some Bon Ami on a wet cloth and rubbed the lens vigorously. It wo...

I just had the speedometer sensor replaced on 12/2/12 and today 12/8/12 it stopped working. Before the part was put on all fuses were checked and for any electrical problems there were none. So it was replaced seven days later it stops. Other then that this car has been very good alomst owned it for a year. one owner before all work done at dealer.I have a warrenty on the sensor no problem but not on labor just wondering if this is an issue on...

power steering went out while driving down the highway with no warning. It turns out the power steering module disintegrated and messed up the rack. The Hyundai dealership charges over $4,000 to fix this.

If the Check Engine Light illuminates, indicating a problem with the front oxygen sensor, but the sensor tests okay, reprogramming the engine's control computer should fix the problem. Then, the Check Engine Light will no longer falsely illuminate and the acceleration, particularly from a stopped position, will be smoother.

If the alternator fails, it should be replaced with an improved design which is better able to replenish electrical power to the battery. The new alternator requires a different diameter drive belt.

A whine type noise may be noted from the power steering pump. This can be caused by a clogged reservoir which can aerate the power steering fluid. Cleaning the reservoir screen will restore proper fluid flow, reducing the noise.

On my third set of rear tires with 16000 miles. all worn out on the inside the rest of the tire is like new. Hyundai says that there is not a problem.

When I shift into sport mode and get on the throttle and then down shift into any lower gear it does not want to idle down. It stays around 3,000 rpm's which means I have to do some harder braking. I'm still looking for a solution.
The dealer tells me everything on the computer reads fine with no problems detected.

Had my car serviced and one week later I had no electric, not even dash light. Put key in ignition it would not start. Got jumper power to battery no electric power and removed jumper. tried moving shift lever and suddenly had power and it started. Took it to dealer and they said could nog find as long as it was working OK. Week later it happened again. Jiggled the the shift lever again and it started again. took it to dealer and he said next ...