Honda Problem Reports

Newest Honda Problem Reports

idle keeps going up and down

The relay motor for the driver-side front door failed, making remote entry inoperable. Repair is costly: ~$40 part + $200 labor). Service writer at dealership says this is a common problem. Most opt to just live without remote entry (i.e., use a key).

ok when i bought mine it did not have a problem a lot of people out there with that Honda trans ,i got one but did my research,the unit only takes 3 bottles of fluid so the fluid is prone to heat up ,you have to use fully synthetic whether its hondas DW1 or other, this unit suffers from a bad design ,IE you cant get to the filters and it has a design fault on the valve that supplies fluid to the converter,regardless of people say flushing the ...

My radio went out mid-2009 about the same time that my co-worker's '03 Accord EX's radio went out. Honda's only solution is to buy a replacement unit which costs around $800. I took the car to a local car audio shop that told me it may be the internal amp inside the radio that went bad and would cost me about $250 to repair or I could install an aftermarket radio underneath the existing radio where the cubby is located for about $160 or I coul...

My door jam switch (DS-860) has failed on my car. This past weekend was the fourth such time for the driver's side. It has failed three times on the passenger side. The Honda dealer wanted $350 per replacement. A mechanic has charged up to $200 per replacement. They have told me that the part is jammed (no pun intended) into the panel and is doomed to fail. I've owned my 2001 since 2003, have put just under 100K miles on it. I am tired of rep...

Hybrid traction battery has one or more weak cell that drop out prematurely. The hybrid system detects the large voltage change and forces a rapid pack recharge. The rapid recharge only helps the weak cell(s) for about a half day and then the cell collapse and rapid recharge process repeats. Again, again, and again. The use of rapid recharging (recal) greatly decreases fuel economy.

The fix, which Honda will NOT do until the battery cell ...

Transmission Control Unit/Module(TCU/TCM) for Honda models 1992-1994, were made with faulty components. I knew mine was bad, not only through my research efforts, but also because I took the TCU completely apart so that I could visually inspect the circuit board. That was when I discovered a burnt spot on one of the components. The Transmission Control Module is located under the carpeting of the floorboard on the passenger side. First disconn...

My radio pops then speakers go off butradio is still on and all power Windows out except drivers you can hear them clicking but they don't work and a/c is blowing hot air

The PCM can misinterpret misfire data and set a false Check Engine (MIL) light requiring a PCM update to repair.

Impact damage to the front of the vehicle can cause the primary O2 sensor to blow fuse 15 and cause the Check Engine light (MIL) to come on. In most cases the primary O2 sensor needs replacing and a new fuse installed to repair the issue.

Impact damage to the front of the vehicle can cause the primary oxygen sensor to blow fuse 15 and cause the Check Engine light (MIL) to come on. In most cases the primary oxygen sensor needs replacing and a new fuse installed to repair the issue.

On certain models poor igniter connections can cause misfires and catalyst deterioration. Cleaning and securing the connections will correct the problem.

Certain models cause the Check Engine light (MIL) to illuminate due to the computer misinterpreting the coolant sensor data. A software update from Honda will repair this issue.

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) can misinterpret data from the coolant temperature sensor and set a false Check Engine (MIL) light. The PCM will need a software update for this issue.

On certain models, a transmission solenoid can short-circuit and illuminate the Check Engine Light.