Honda Accord Problem Reports

Newest Honda Accord Problem Reports

An oil leak inside the distributor can cause the engine to misfire resulting in a loss of power. It is common for the distributor to be replaced to correct this concern.

Delphi style alternators on some of the engines have a history of alternator bearing failure. Bearing failure will cause a whining noise coming from the engine compartment.

The green plastic stay that secures the door handle release cable can break leaving you unable to open your door from the inside. Cheap fix if you replace it yourself... $15

Overhead sunglass holder will not open/glasses stuck inside.can't shake it loose to open.

The wipers have recently been making too wide of a sweep, resulting in a banging against the lower panel just below the windshield. The top end of the sweep is just about right. The over-wide sweep and banging occur pretty consistently now. I have not tackled the problem yet.

the dome lights had good bulbs. the lights were dim and sometimes would not come on when doors opened. i paid 50.21 for an entire base (light system part @ honda dealor) + $7.90 for 2 bulbs. then i was charged by installer 126$'s. so new bulbs want work. u need the entire base system/ excluding the sunglass port. (two systems)

My instrument panel lights go out EVERY day/night. If my car is cool then my lights come on when I start the car, I always drive with my lights on, after a few miles the instument lights just shut off. I bought the car this last winter and did not notice a problem and then the warmer weather came and I noticed it. I originally thought something was loose. Now it is cold outside and they stay on for longer period of time but still go out. I did...

On some models moisture could make its way into the rear wheel bearing, which would lead to noise. Rear wheel bearing and dust cap replacement will be needed for this repair.

In colder climates, coolant can leak from the connecting pipe.
The car may drift to the right because the camber (alignment setting) is set unevenly. A 4-wheel alignment will be needed to reset the camber angle.

While the engine is cold and in gear, the car may move faster than expected when the accelerator is not pressed. A software update from Honda will fix this concern.

A poor electrical ground can cause the dome light not to work.

A long cranking time before the engine starts might require a PCM software update and replacement of the fuel pressure regulator.
The torque converter may not lock up because some models with the automatic transmission may have a faulty thermostat that will not allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature.