» »

Problems for specific Honda Accord years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Honda Accord problems

Verified for the Honda Accord

Front compliance (lower control arm ) bushings tend to crack and break requiring replacement.

3 Reports

Verified for the Honda Accord

The ABS modulator valve assembly (hydraulic unit) may develop a brake fluid leak.  This can result in illumination of the ABS warning light and in certain cases, loss of braking ability.

Verified for the Honda Accord

Contamination can get in the distributor, cause a misfire and set a Check Engine light.

Verified for the Honda Accord

If the engine is knocking or pinging when accelerating, the PCM may need updated software.

Verified for the Honda Accord

While the engine is cold and in gear, the car may move faster than expected when the accelerator is not pressed. A software update from Honda will fix this concern.

Verified for the Honda Accord

Honda issued a recall on some 2005 Accord models due to a defective fuel pump relay. If the fuel pump relay fails, the car will stall or fail to start. For more information on this recall please click here»

Reported by Obinna and 1 other for the Honda Accord

There is considerable tread wear on the outer and inner areas of both front tires. The wear leaves jagged edges on the tire surface and does not happen to the rear tires. My local tire technician suggests that the wheel bearings may require replacement. I havent taken it to my honda dealer yet because i'm abroad. Please advise on the solution. vehicle mileage is 14340 miles

Reported by 7hellions and 1 other for the Honda Accord

My radio pops then speakers go off butradio is still on and all power Windows out except drivers you can hear them clicking but they don't work and a/c is blowing hot air

Reported by DakotaMoon and 1 other for the Honda Accord

Transmission Control Unit/Module(TCU/TCM) for Honda models 1992-1994, were made with faulty components. I knew mine was bad, not only through my research efforts, but also because I took the TCU completely apart so that I could visually inspect the circuit board. That was when I discovered a burnt spot on one of the components. The Transmission Control Module is located under the carpeting of the floorboard on the passenger side. First disconn...

Reported by Honda1996 and 1 other for the Honda Accord

My radio went out mid-2009 about the same time that my co-worker's '03 Accord EX's radio went out. Honda's only solution is to buy a replacement unit which costs around $800. I took the car to a local car audio shop that told me it may be the internal amp inside the radio that went bad and would cost me about $250 to repair or I could install an aftermarket radio underneath the existing radio where the cubby is located for about $160 or I coul...

Verified for the Honda Accord
Our technicians note that this model must be fully warmed up in order to pass the smog/emissions test.

Verified for the Honda Accord
The torque converter may not lock up because some models with the automatic transmission may have a faulty thermostat that will not allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature.

Verified for the Honda Accord
On vehicles with a squeaking moon roof, there is an anti squeak tape available from Honda.

Verified for the Honda Accord
In colder climates, coolant can leak from the connecting pipe.

Verified for the Honda Accord

A faulty gasket can cause coolant seepage from the water passage near the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve. Replacing the gasket should correct this coolant leak.