Honda Accord Problem Reports

Most Reported Honda Accord Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

Some models have problems with alternator bearing failures.

A water leak on the passenger floor can be caused by a clogged AC evaporator drain.

A Check Engine light can come on if the EGR ports have clogged. The P0401 code may be set as well.

If the idle is higher than normal when the engine is cold and the Check Engine Light is on, the powertrain control module (PCM) may need a software update to fix the concern.

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) can misinterpret data from the coolant temperature sensor and set a false Check Engine (MIL) light. The PCM will need a software update for this issue.

My instrument panel lights go out EVERY day/night. If my car is cool then my lights come on when I start the car, I always drive with my lights on, after a few miles the instument lights just shut off. I bought the car this last winter and did not notice a problem and then the warmer weather came and I noticed it. I originally thought something was loose. Now it is cold outside and they stay on for longer period of time but still go out. I did...

The relay motor for the driver-side front door failed, making remote entry inoperable. Repair is costly: ~$40 part + $200 labor). Service writer at dealership says this is a common problem. Most opt to just live without remote entry (i.e., use a key).

Head gasket failure is not uncommon if the engine overheats. If the temperature climbs above the normal operating temperature, turn the heater on the hottest setting, pull over to a safe location, and shut the engine off to allow the engine to cool down.

The clutch assist spring on some models can cause a creaking noise from the clutch pedal. A new clutch assist spring will be needed for the repair.
A foul smell from the AC system can indicate mold growth on the AC evaporator.

The moon roof may not close all the way because of a faulty limit switch. The headliner must be removed to replace the limit switch.

The computer can misinterpret a low battery voltage and can cause a false Check Engine (MIL) light to come on. Updating the PCM can correct this issue.

The PCM can misinterpret data from the air fuel sensor and set a false Check Engine (MIL) light requiring a PCM update to repair.