Honda Accord Problem Reports

Most Reported Honda Accord Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

On some models a mis-manufactured AC evaporator core can cause the AC to cool poorly. The AC evaporator needs to be replaced for the AC to cool properly.

My radio went out mid-2009 about the same time that my co-worker's '03 Accord EX's radio went out. Honda's only solution is to buy a replacement unit which costs around $800. I took the car to a local car audio shop that told me it may be the internal amp inside the radio that went bad and would cost me about $250 to repair or I could install an aftermarket radio underneath the existing radio where the cubby is located for about $160 or I coul...

Some models have problems with alternator bearing failures.

A water leak on the passenger floor can be caused by a clogged AC evaporator drain.

If the idle is higher than normal when the engine is cold and the Check Engine Light is on, the powertrain control module (PCM) may need a software update to fix the concern.

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) can misinterpret data from the coolant temperature sensor and set a false Check Engine (MIL) light. The PCM will need a software update for this issue.

My instrument panel lights go out EVERY day/night. If my car is cool then my lights come on when I start the car, I always drive with my lights on, after a few miles the instument lights just shut off. I bought the car this last winter and did not notice a problem and then the warmer weather came and I noticed it. I originally thought something was loose. Now it is cold outside and they stay on for longer period of time but still go out. I did...

Head gasket failure is not uncommon if the engine overheats. If the temperature climbs above the normal operating temperature, turn the heater on the hottest setting, pull over to a safe location, and shut the engine off to allow the engine to cool down.

The clutch assist spring on some models can cause a creaking noise from the clutch pedal. A new clutch assist spring will be needed for the repair.
A foul smell from the AC system can indicate mold growth on the AC evaporator.

The Check Engine light may illuminate with a transmission fault code. The repair for this concern is to replace the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and flush the transmission.

Some models can have a problem with moisture entering the fuel pressure regulator and affecting the amount of fuel being burned in combustion. This would set a Check Engine Light.

The moon roof may not close all the way because of a faulty limit switch. The headliner must be removed to replace the limit switch.