» »

Problems for specific Honda Accord years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Honda Accord problems

Reported by 7hellions and 4 others for the Honda Accord

My radio pops then speakers go off butradio is still on and all power Windows out except drivers you can hear them clicking but they don't work and a/c is blowing hot air

5 Reports

Verified for the Honda Accord

Head gasket failure is not uncommon if the engine overheats. If the temperature climbs above the normal operating temperature, turn the heater on the hottest setting, pull over to a safe location, and shut the engine off to allow the engine to cool down.

Verified for the Honda Accord
The clutch assist spring on some models can cause a creaking noise from the clutch pedal. A new clutch assist spring will be needed for the repair.

Verified for the Honda Accord
A foul smell from the AC system can indicate mold growth on the AC evaporator.

Verified for the Honda Accord

Rear sway bar end links are known to break.

Verified for the Honda Accord

The moon roof may not close all the way because of a faulty limit switch. The headliner must be removed to replace the limit switch.

Verified for the Honda Accord

The PCM can misinterpret misfire data and set a false Check Engine (MIL) light requiring a PCM update to repair.

Verified for the Honda Accord

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) can misinterpret data from the coolant temperature sensor and set a false Check Engine (MIL) light. The PCM will need a software update for this issue.

Reported by TOBI815 and 3 others for the Honda Accord

My instrument panel lights go out EVERY day/night. If my car is cool then my lights come on when I start the car, I always drive with my lights on, after a few miles the instument lights just shut off. I bought the car this last winter and did not notice a problem and then the warmer weather came and I noticed it. I originally thought something was loose. Now it is cold outside and they stay on for longer period of time but still go out. I did...

Reported by Honda1996 and 3 others for the Honda Accord

My radio went out mid-2009 about the same time that my co-worker's '03 Accord EX's radio went out. Honda's only solution is to buy a replacement unit which costs around $800. I took the car to a local car audio shop that told me it may be the internal amp inside the radio that went bad and would cost me about $250 to repair or I could install an aftermarket radio underneath the existing radio where the cubby is located for about $160 or I coul...

Verified for the Honda Accord
The fuel door may not open far enough to clear the body on some models. Installation of a special spring boot is needed for the repair.

Verified for the Honda Accord

The Check Engine light may illuminate with a transmission fault code. The repair for this concern is to replace the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and flush the transmission.

Verified for the Honda Accord

Some models can have a problem with moisture entering the fuel pressure regulator and affecting the amount of fuel being burned in combustion. This would set a Check Engine Light.

Verified for the Honda Accord

A Check Engine light can come on if the EGR ports have clogged. The P0401 code may be set as well.

Verified for the Honda Accord

A Check Engine light can come on if the EGR ports have clogged.