GMC Envoy Problem Reports

Newest GMC Envoy Problem Reports

ac blows out hot air tried to charge the system the gauge say its overcharged what to do

all of a sudden I smelled something burning and now I have no rear tail lights. the brake ,reverse and signals are fine but no driving lights. Help Please

first the oil pressure gauge went. then the speed. then the volts and finally the whole dashboard. not cheap to fix and it has been something i heard that happens with this vehicle from alot of mechanics. it is a bad problem cuz u have no idea what temp your vehicle is at. the speed you are going. if the vehicle will overheat or not. if you will run out of gas. or if the volts are enough to keep vehicle running. had to park it for 2 1/2 months...

I had a ticking sound when my truck sits and idles it sound like the air suspension I thought but it was actually the rear air control box it had a electrical short going on and a car electronic shop repaired it the had to replace it (the rear heat/ac/radio control box) its two models though they got the wrong one first but they fixed it with the second one

The engine may develop a misfire due to worn valve seats. This fault will cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Replacement of the cylinder head may be required to correct this concern.

i had this problem for a while( my personal vehicle). The truck would go into reduce engine power mode at first. Turn the engine off and restarts with no prblem. I ignored it just didn't use defrost or A/C. Than as time went on(months)it got cold here in Philly and i needed my defrost.This time the truck shut off. turned off defrost and it started right up and ran normal. i looked for vacuum leaks. not many hoses to check. finally found advic...

The variable valve timing camshaft actuators may stick due to dirty engine oil or a faulty control solenoid. A sticking actuator may cause a rough idle and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us the engine oil should be checked to make sure it is clean and at the proper level before replacing any parts to correct this concern.

Battery went dead in the Envoy one day. After replacing the battery the 4 wheel drive indicator light would not change with the selector and the 4 wheel drive light came on. After researching online I found that the engineers at GM forgot to set up the transfer control module with anything to save the memory, so basicly, it didn't know what to do. It also said you could take it to a dealer and they could reflash it for $100 and hope you never ...

The Envoy one day started a clicking noise from the center of the dash when I would start it up. It would last only a few seconds. I started pushing the buttons for the vent operations and it would do it then. After doing some online research and looking under the dash while operating the door I determined it was the mode door actuator (the clicking is the motor in the actuator going bad). I also learned that only the 2002 Envoy had to have a ...

On vehicles equipped with rear air springs, the air compressor may fail causing the rear suspension to sit low.

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.

On certain 2005 - 2007 vehicles, General Motors has provided a special service policy covering the fuel level sensor, agreeing to pay 50% of the repair cost. This coverage extends for 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original "in service" date of the vehicle. Please contact your local GM dealer for more information.

To find a dealer near you, please click here»

The cooling fan clutch may fail causing excessive fan noise and/or the Check Engine Light to illuminate.

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.