Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Ford problems

Reported by Bong0777 for the Ford Escort

rough idle that went on for 2 months then no start condition done compression test 3 and 4 zero psi gasket blown between cylinders replace head gasket cost 90 dollars for do it your selfers

Reported by tazz97810 for the Ford F-150

2003 Ford F150 passenger power door lock not working at all

Reported by honeydip45 for the Ford Expedition

SOMETIMES IT DOES GOOD BUT LATELY AFTERVI DRIVE ARE WHEN LEFT AIR SUPENION COMPRESSION COME ON IT JERKS AND CUT OF ARE AT COMPLETE STOP IT STALLS and CUT OFF

Reported by Mikebedsole for the Ford Focus

All 3 motor mounts are broken and repair is expected to be around $800.

Verified for the Ford Explorer Sport Trac

If you are having an issue where the rear window wiper is not fully contacting the rear window, replacement of the rear wiper blade and wiper arm may be necessary.

Reported by findleyann for the Ford Explorer

heater blows cold air even after letting warm up before driving after 6miles starts to get warm but not hot

Reported by jonibwilliams and 1 other for the Ford Explorer

My two back doors will not open. I already know that the latch needs to be replaced on the doors but what I really need to know is an average of what the cost will be. A lot of places will rip you a new a**hole and it would be nice to be able to point out which car repair shop would be that average.

Reported by timmalicious for the Ford Taurus

Car ran hot on a whim. Water leaked out as it was being put in. Water got into the oil as well, which Ford says its because the water pump is inside the engine. Ford determined the water pump locked up. Ford service department is replacing the water pump and recommend flushing coolant system and injectors since it ran hot. The service department started out with a price of $2100 but I was able to negotiate down to $1600.

Reported by bubbles122699 and 1 other for the Ford Explorer

My turn signal switch stopped working when I would turn it on it would blink a few times then it would turn off even if the switch was on.

Reported by Yashaca for the Ford Taurus

My check engine light has been on for a few months. Originally when the issue began, a local auto shop machine said that it was oxygen sensors. I recently replaced two and it ran fine for a day. It seems fine when its started but when its in gear, it shakes, and it barely picks up any speed. There is also a burning smell. the second auto report stated that it now need as cam sensor and ignition coil.

Reported by ESCAPEDFORD for the Ford Escape

Engine starting knocking about 80,000 miles, died completely around 110,000 miles. Just another example of to H' with the car buyer. The Escape has the right name, because after you get suckered into buying one, the only alternative is to wish for an Escape. Oh and see my other post related to this lemon about the alternator and transmissions (that's 2 out of my pocket transmission before 75,000 miles). I have owned Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford...

Reported by etsuflash and 3 others for the Ford F-150

The truck started emitting a very strong odor of coolant and had coolant present under the vehicle. This is the second time the truck has had the heater core replaced @ a $1000 a time.

4 Reports

Reported by ccss and 1 other for the Ford Probe

The fuel cutoff light came on and it came to a complete stop and will not restart. Tried resetting the switch and it wasn't tripped. I have no clue whats going on with it.

Reported by Escap33FL for the Ford Escape

I have read extensive posts throughout the internet about problems with misfires on the v6 3.0L DOHC engine. After reading extensive posts and watching numerous videos I decided to tackle the problem myself. Many posts referenced that they were being told by their mechanics/technicians that they needed to replace the COP (Coil on Plug). After removing the plenum twice and resealing it to access the #1 COP (that I was told was the problem) I re...

Reported by Lab5869 and 12 others for the Ford Edge

Had the PTU replaced at around 120K after a 2month wait for the part. It cost about 1,800.00!! Here I am with 145K and the PTU is on its way out AGAIN. Two units in 2 years. Visiting Honda dealers this weekend. Never ever will I buy another Ford. The dealers are not very helpful and act like they are surprised at the problem. Ford will not help at all. I had a Honda years ago and not one problem with it. I can't wait to get rid of the Edge.

13 Reports