Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Ford problems

Reported by timmalicious for the Ford Taurus

Car ran hot on a whim. Water leaked out as it was being put in. Water got into the oil as well, which Ford says its because the water pump is inside the engine. Ford determined the water pump locked up. Ford service department is replacing the water pump and recommend flushing coolant system and injectors since it ran hot. The service department started out with a price of $2100 but I was able to negotiate down to $1600.

Reported by bubbles122699 and 1 other for the Ford Explorer

My turn signal switch stopped working when I would turn it on it would blink a few times then it would turn off even if the switch was on.

2 Reports

Reported by Yashaca for the Ford Taurus

My check engine light has been on for a few months. Originally when the issue began, a local auto shop machine said that it was oxygen sensors. I recently replaced two and it ran fine for a day. It seems fine when its started but when its in gear, it shakes, and it barely picks up any speed. There is also a burning smell. the second auto report stated that it now need as cam sensor and ignition coil.

Reported by ESCAPEDFORD for the Ford Escape

Engine starting knocking about 80,000 miles, died completely around 110,000 miles. Just another example of to H' with the car buyer. The Escape has the right name, because after you get suckered into buying one, the only alternative is to wish for an Escape. Oh and see my other post related to this lemon about the alternator and transmissions (that's 2 out of my pocket transmission before 75,000 miles). I have owned Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford...

Reported by etsuflash for the Ford F-150

The truck started emitting a very strong odor of coolant and had coolant present under the vehicle. This is the second time the truck has had the heater core replaced @ a $1000 a time.

Reported by ccss for the Ford Probe

The fuel cutoff light came on and it came to a complete stop and will not restart. Tried resetting the switch and it wasn't tripped. I have no clue whats going on with it.

Reported by Escap33FL for the Ford Escape

I have read extensive posts throughout the internet about problems with misfires on the v6 3.0L DOHC engine. After reading extensive posts and watching numerous videos I decided to tackle the problem myself. Many posts referenced that they were being told by their mechanics/technicians that they needed to replace the COP (Coil on Plug). After removing the plenum twice and resealing it to access the #1 COP (that I was told was the problem) I re...

Reported by Lab5869 and 6 others for the Ford Edge

Had the PTU replaced at around 120K after a 2month wait for the part. It cost about 1,800.00!! Here I am with 145K and the PTU is on its way out AGAIN. Two units in 2 years. Visiting Honda dealers this weekend. Never ever will I buy another Ford. The dealers are not very helpful and act like they are surprised at the problem. Ford will not help at all. I had a Honda years ago and not one problem with it. I can't wait to get rid of the Edge.

7 Reports

Reported by willfixit and 3 others for the Ford Windstar

I was investagating the ABS indicator light on the van and why it stays on. During this time I was going through and fixing a few other things that had stopped working and one of them was the drivers side door power lock and also the passenger side power door lock, I aslo had trouble with the interior lights flashing while I was driving. I decide to change the lock assemble in both front doors to fix the power lock feature and be able to use t...

4 Reports

Reported by DeanLisi for the Ford Explorer

The engine was running perectly when all of a sudden it started misfiring and check engine light began to flash. Ford Dealer said timing chain jumped bent a few valves, broke apart and pieces fell down into the internal engine. Also said this has been an ongoing problem for years.. Dealer said approximately $10,000 to repar... YES "$10,000" is the exact number he quoated me. My warranty is 60,000 miles I am 113 mile over the warr...

Verified for the Ford E-350

The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.

27 Reports

Verified for the Ford E-350

The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.

37 Reports

Verified for the Ford E-150

The engine may have a misfire, hesitation, and/or run roughly – notably after a service and/or ignition wire replacement. If after recent ignition wire replacement, the cause can be misrouted ignition wires. The wires from the distributor to the valve cover must be routed correctly to avoid interference and induction crossfire. Verify all clips are used to secure and separate ignition wires.

7 Reports