Ford Explorer Problem Reports

Newest Ford Explorer Problem Reports

heater blows cold air even after letting warm up before driving after 6miles starts to get warm but not hot

My two back doors will not open. I already know that the latch needs to be replaced on the doors but what I really need to know is an average of what the cost will be. A lot of places will rip you a new a**hole and it would be nice to be able to point out which car repair shop would be that average.

My turn signal switch stopped working when I would turn it on it would blink a few times then it would turn off even if the switch was on.

The engine was running perectly when all of a sudden it started misfiring and check engine light began to flash. Ford Dealer said timing chain jumped bent a few valves, broke apart and pieces fell down into the internal engine. Also said this has been an ongoing problem for years.. Dealer said approximately $10,000 to repar... YES "$10,000" is the exact number he quoated me. My warranty is 60,000 miles I am 113 mile over the warr...

The Check Engine Light will illuminate and the engine will idle roughly when cold. There are updated upper intake manifold gaskets to resolve the problem.

4x4 Automatic 4x4 Low 4x4 high Light did not Appear in the dash board. Just Replaced The 4x4 Control Module your Problems solve.

resistance in connectors under driver and passenger seat (yellow) will trip codes for pretensioner circuit high. make sure pins are clean and tight and reconnect,clear code,retest.

A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.

The rear window wiper may not fully contact the rear window. Our technicians tell us that replacing both the wiper blade and wiper arm will generally correct this issue.

Rear diferential making loud whining noises at higher speeds. pinion and ring gear were replaced, happened on my 99 Explorer too

If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.

Power steering fluid hose bracket broke, allowing hose to make contact with belt pulley. Driver side of engine compartment. Belt pulley wore-away hose until fluid suddenly escaped while driving, causing a sudden loss of power steering while driving around a curve in heavy traffic. This situation was extremely dangerous, and if the Explorer had been driven at the time by my wife, I have no doubt that she would have lost control of the vehicle a...

lost oil pressure while driving engine was full of oil and no leaks. pulled motor to take a look at the oil pump and drive (and to check bearings after loosing pressure) every thing looked new so went to top side of engine and pulled out oil pump drive which installs were the distributer belongs and drives off the jackshaft (camshaft) to run the oil pump. when i removed the oil pump drive it was as plain as day the gear had worn into the housi...

The intake manifold O-ring gaskets commonly leak, causing stalling and poor idle quality; the Check Engine Light will illuminate.