Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Dodge problems

Reported by dodge_caliber22 for the Dodge Caliber

My dodge caliber SXT 2008 just woke up one morning, out of the blue my car didn't start. I tried to jump it, twice. I had no crank or not even turning over, but I could here a noise like it was trying but would fail to start like something was not electrically wired right. I can put the key in and the radio will work/lightup, etc in acc mode. But shut off like it is not communicating with the starter.

So then I got the battery tested, tha...

Reported by morazan for the Dodge Ram 1500

2005 dodge ram 1500 when i move lever turn signal for left side the right side will come on and sometimes wipers too,replaced turn signal switch asembly and fix the problem

Reported by truckin dog for the Dodge Durango

automatic transmission made noise like a clutch slipping and a whining noise started in tranny took to dealer had tranny checked out and was told a seal inside of tranny failed it had oil bypassing a set of clutchs which had burned up dealer had tranny rebuild shifting fine so far but still has whining noise have 32000 miles now planning to take it back again concern about whining sound I believe it to be planetary gears making sound this new ...

Reported by Spud0418 for the Dodge Journey

My rear wiper only works in reverse! One of the back lights are completely out even though we changed bulbs radio works only when truck is open and back lock doesn't work at all. I had a mechanic run the codes and he couldn't even connect to see what codes were pulling!

Verified for the Dodge Intrepid

When shifting from Drive to Reverse (or vice versa), worn outer CV joints may cause a clunk or clicking noise. A loose axle nut can cause the same symptoms.

3 Reports

Reported by bible51 for the Dodge Neon

purchase new in 1997 was back to dealer more times then I can count. They never could pin point a cause; but they tried many things.I worked on aircraft engs. with carbon problems . The answer for my 2.0L IS AC SPARKS PLUGS. 4OZ OF MARVEL MESTERY OIL in gas tank on fill up no problems since. I use this oil in aircraft also

Reported by charger10 and 1 other for the Dodge Charger

I purchased a 2010 dodge charger sxt with 42k miles.. after a week of owning it, it developed a rough idle and occasional shutter and hesitation during acceleration and braking. Rough Idle upon leaving the brakes from a stop, and slow down from fast speeds. Rough Idle around 550RPMs until about 900,1000 RPMs. Have had brakes, throttle body, idle valve, engine mounts, brakes checked, rotors and discs all checked and resulted in no concern on t...

Verified for the Dodge Durango

On the 5.2L and 5.9L V8 engines, rerouting the ignition coil wire and spark plug wires can help solve a misfire and/or surge problem that occurs at approximately 45 mph. A service bulletin was published that outlines the specifics of the repair. It states the rerouting procedure should be performed before other repairs are done for misfires, surging or spark knock.

Verified for the Dodge Durango

On the 5.9L V8 engine, rerouting the ignition coil wire and spark plug wires can help solve a misfire and/or surge problem that occurs at approximately 45 mph. A service bulletin was published that outlines the specifics of the repair. It states the rerouting procedure should be performed before other repairs are done for misfires, surging or spark knock.

5 Reports

Verified for the Dodge D150

An internal oil leak may develop from the intake manifold plenum gasket. The symptoms could include engine spark knock on acceleration and increased oil consumption. Our technicians tell us that replacing the plenum gasket should correct this issue.

Verified for the Dodge D250

Verified for the Dodge D350

Verified for the Dodge Ramcharger

Verified for the Dodge Avenger

A rattle from the rear of the vehicle may indicate that the rear shock absorbers are defective. Updated shocks are available; however, careful inspection of all suspension components should be performed before any parts are replaced.

5 Reports

Verified for the Dodge Ram Wagon 1500

An intermittent connection in the crank position sensor wire connector can cause poor engine performance or the engine may crank but not start.