Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Chrysler problems

Reported by esme for the Chrysler Sebring

When I trune on the car makes a loud noise after a couple minutes it goes away.I put on drive press gas pedal it jerks I don't let go of the gas pedal my speed is only 40 miles hour ,I stop and press gas pedal again and it jerks after a while the car turns off.please help thank you.

Reported by tracib and 7 others for the Chrysler PT Cruiser

Today, 2/9/2015, my engine and ignition just shut down - completely stop while I was driving. This is dangerous and very scary. It is a computer and other problem which is Chrysler's fault and no fault of mine -- even though Chrysler does not make these PT Cruisers any more, it should be a recall. Chrysler owes me to fix this car for free or give me another one that is almost free since I should not be needing a car.

8 Reports

Reported by sundraho for the Chrysler Sebring

I was told that I needed back brakes so I had them fixed. Now there's that rubbing noise I hear and it is loud I didn't hear that at first, so now am being told that it's is hub bearing, so had that check,and that wasn't the problem, and problem still there an was told its going to get louder..Then he told me thst it's bearing in the transmission. I do know what that is and I never heard of that before..

Reported by Swatgs for the Chrysler 300

My 300s wouldn't start, when I pushed the start it went to run mode, but a message was displayed stating transmission need service. The message also said you might be in d and you can't switch to any other gear service ASAP. the car remained in r mode and I couldn't get it out of run mode.

about 30 minutes later, I noticed that the run was off and I try to start and everything was fine, the car started.

I went to dealer who checker the...

Reported by Dave721 for the Chrysler Aspen

started to get a clicking from underhood whenever it rains, originally started within one year of purchase but then didn't re-occur for 3-4 years. The car doesn't have to be running or in the "on" position. Took it to dealer several time and they could not duplicate issue. Turns out that the drain tubes from the sunroof get clogged and the excess water leaks into cabin and soaks a control module. Had to remove pillar covers on interior to remo...

Reported by woodgood and 2 others for the Chrysler Pacifica

As described in the title, my Pac (fwd) developed a low pitched noise seemingly related to minor road undulations, noticeable especially after driving the car for a few miles, and more noticeable when the air temp was above 80 degrees F. The driver side rear of the car was measured at the wheel well to be sitting about 3/4" lower than the passenger side. I suspected a shock, but giving it the static "bounce test" did not seem to be overly bad...

Reported by Gotz2Smile and 3 others for the Chrysler 300

2014 Chrysler 300 only has 4,500 miles and the transmission went out. Was driving it fine the day before and the next morning the RPM gage started bouncing everywhere and I started to loose power, Engine light went on came to a stop off freeway. At full gas pedal was only getting out 2mph for speed.
Had it towed to the dealership, they thougt it was a software issue that was causing shifting problems. Turns out the Budding Valve in the tran...

4 Reports

Reported by rappleyt and 3 others for the Chrysler Town & Country

Power Sliding Door will open, but stops shortly after. Will not close except manually. Found a broken wire in the chain-looking wiring harness under the door. Repaired the wire, and it works great again.

4 Reports

Reported by ssheila1950 and 2 others for the Chrysler 300M

First: is the clock light is on but the clock wont run
second: when I turn on the air or heat the wording shows up sometimes and sometimes not
If it is not on I can't see what position I want the heat or air on, no wording, it comes on
sometimes and sometime it doesn't.

Verified for the Chrysler 300

Carbon buildup on the valves may illuminate the Check Engine Light, indicating "Multiple Cylinder Misfires." The combustion chamber must be cleaned of carbon. There are updated valve spring retainers that will help prevent a recurrence.

16 Reports

Verified for the Chrysler Concorde

A defective fuel pump check valve (which maintains fuel pressure in the system when the vehicle is not running) may lead to long cranking times or hard starting (sometimes with stalling). The fuel pump should be replaced. However, if these symptoms are accompanied by Check Engine Light illumination, there may be a problem with the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor.

Verified for the Chrysler Sebring

A damaged oil pump (possibly caused by interference with the AC compressor bracket) can also cause a knocking noise from the engine compartment; a modified bracket is available from Dodge.

Verified for the Chrysler Concorde

Verified for the Chrysler LHS

Debris and corrosion in the AC housing may cause the AC evaporator core to develop a refrigerant leak.

5 Reports

Verified for the Chrysler Town & Country

A defective anti-lock brake system (ABS) pump and/or leaking piston seals in the master cylinder can cause excessive pedal effort, lack of stopping power, and abnormal pump noise. Diagnoses will be required to determine the root cause of any braking issues and the component(s) that will require replacement.