Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Chrysler problems

Verified for the Chrysler New Yorker

The Check Engine Light may illuminate along with erratic shifting of the automatic transmission. Our technicians tell us that oil contamination or wire terminal damage at the transmission output speed sensor could be the cause.

Reported by RepairPal for the Chrysler New Yorker

The engine may not start or start and run poorly due to the timing belt jumping out of time. If this is the case our technicians tell us that the timing belt should be replaced and a "snubber" installed over the timing belt tensioner plunger.

Reported by wondertwinsdad for the Chrysler Town & Country

When attempting to view Sirus Traffic screen, words seem to be obscure by ghosting from prior screen view. Occurs when user has programmed in or viewed Points of Interest Screens. Dealer found same issue on multiple vans on their lot. Replaced radio to fix problem.

Reported by wondertwinsdad for the Chrysler Town & Country

Programmed stations simply disappear and reappear. Dealer replaced radio due to other issue. Unsure if problem fixed at this point.

Reported by Sandalfoot for the Chrysler LeBaron

This car makes a HIGH PITCHED SQUEAL like a bad wheel bearing when driving about 50 MPH and decellerating..NOT THE WHEEL BEARING. Doesn't hurt the running of it none, but I don't want the wheel to go off while I'm wheeling down the road, either!!

Verified for the Chrysler Sebring

Vehicles equipped with a V6 engine may develop a rough idle after cold start with the Check Engine Light illuminated and code P050D stored. Our technicians tell us a powertrain control module (PCM) software upgrade is available to correct this concern.

Reported by Fly Navy for the Chrysler Town & Country

U.S. resident purchased Canadian vehicle with speedometer cluster readout in kilometers. Desired display in miles. Replaced Canadian cluster with U.S. cluster from wrecked vehicle. Odometer and speedometer incorrect. Kilometers still displayed. Mechanic replaced transmission input and output speed sensors. No effect on problem. Chrysler dealer unable to suggest any corrective action. Found Tacoma Speedometer - Instrument (Tacoma, Washington)...

Reported by Dave721 for the Chrysler Aspen

started to get a clicking from underhood whenever it rains, originally started within one year of purchase but then didn't re-occur for 3-4 years. The car doesn't have to be running or in the "on" position. Took it to dealer several time and they could not duplicate issue. Turns out that the drain tubes from the sunroof get clogged and the excess water leaks into cabin and soaks a control module. Had to remove pillar covers on interior to remo...

Reported by Swatgs for the Chrysler 300

My 300s wouldn't start, when I pushed the start it went to run mode, but a message was displayed stating transmission need service. The message also said you might be in d and you can't switch to any other gear service ASAP. the car remained in r mode and I couldn't get it out of run mode.

about 30 minutes later, I noticed that the run was off and I try to start and everything was fine, the car started.

I went to dealer who checker the...