Chevrolet Tahoe Problem Reports

Most Reported Chevrolet Tahoe Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A clicking noise may be noted from the turn signal flasher after the turn signals are switched off.  This is commonly cause by a faulty turn signal switch which will require replacement.

The CD player may fail due to an internal fault with the radio. Our technicians tell us that in most cases, the radio unit will need to be sent to a specialty repair shop to correct this issue.

The front or rear differential may develop an abnormal noise due to worn bearings or another internal fault. Our technicians tell us that a complete overhaul of the affected differential is commonly necessary to correct this condition.

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) pump may stay running after the ignition is turned off causing the battery to go dead. Our technicians tell us that the ABS control module should be replaced to correct this fault.

The steering wheel position sensor may fail, resulting in the service stability message being displayed.

The sunroof may stop working for various different reasons. Our technicians tell us it is often better to replace the complete sunroof assembly than to try and repair the old one.

The quick-connect fittings for the heater hoses tend to leak engine coolant. This problem commonly occurs because the metal housing has become brittle, which can break and cause leaks.

A poor electrical ground under the battery tray may cause the ABS warning light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that cleaning and properly securing this ground and also the main ABS ground on the frame rail below the drivers door may be necessary.

One or both secondary air injection check valves may become restricted causing poor air flow resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light. It is often recommend to replace both check valves even if a fault code is set for only one bank of cylinders. Replacing only one valve may result in a return trip to the repair shop.

A dirty throttle body may cause a lower than normal idle and possible stalling condition. Performing a throttle body service will commonly correct this concern.

Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.

A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

"SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" warning came up, when I took it to the dealership they told me all 4 monitors were bad...I questioned how all 4 could go out at the same time and they told me that it was unusual but their computer is getting the same code for all 4. They suggested I start repairing one by one...just does not make sense to me. I think they are not using the right computer code or something...They quoted over $600 to repair.

The keyless entry system may stop working. Our technicians tell us the key fobs and keyless entry receiver may need to be replaced to correct this fault.