Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problem Reports

Most Reported Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.

One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire  and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

The alternator may fail causing the battery to go dead, or an abnormal noise may develop. The dash warning light may or may not illuminate. A failed alternator will require replacement.

The engine may develop a misfire due to worn valve seats. This fault will cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us the misfire may or may not be felt while driving. They further recommend that both cylinder heads be removed and thoroughly inspected and repaired as necessary.

Engine light come on for a second. Speedometer and tach flickers you can hit brakes it does. Seems like when it shifts or high speeds

Right after I purchased my truck "new" I started having difficulty shifting at times. My wife refused to drive it "which was ok".
I took it to two dealers in the area and both said it was an issue with that model and there was no fix.
I recently lost all shifting ability fifty miles from home. after I finally got home my brother said he knew what was wrong " he is NOT a mechanic" but he crawled under then said yep and called me under. The ...

It began when I had a new key and FOB programmed, my truck began having issues when starting all the power would work everything was fine except nothing would happen with the engine it wouldn't start. It began happening more and more frequent irregardless of temperature of engine or time of day during usage. I cleaned spark plugs and posts even changed out the fuse box. The dealership was stumped as well, I noticed a lock and car light symbol...