Chevrolet Impala Problem Reports

Newest Chevrolet Impala Problem Reports

the headlight on the drivers side continues to go out. I have had 6/7 sets of headlights, wiring replaced, and some more stuff. I have gotten stopped by police on several occasions due to this problem. I don't know what else to do. somebody please help!!!!

driver seat is not going back in a straight position and is getting stuck half way back

Last year I paid about $700 or $800 cause my car didn't want to start at first the light read security then I wait 10min then it would start and one day the car didn't want to start I took my car in to the dealer and they told me they have to redue the key code. They said after so many miles the code changes. I feel I should get a reburissment for spending so much money on just to reduce the code. Please help me I want my money back.

When go to take off it don't move then when it kicks in it jerks really hard scared the crap out of me. well I was told it will cost $1600 to $2500 to fix they said it was a sensor in the transmission I have only had the for a year bought it used and it is a piece of shit it seemed to run ok for a few but it didn't take long for it to act up I will not ever own an other one. I think there should be a recall on the tranny's after what I read th...

Wires broke on side of shifter. This part will fix it. GM #13583923 or acdelco #pt3923 around 20 bucks. It has 6 wires on it but all you have to do is cut 2 wires off that you dont need. It took me about an hour to fix this.

The mass air flow or crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to intermittently stall. It may be necessary for the engine to cool down before it will restart.

The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) tube which connects the EGR valve to the intake manifold may develop an engine vacuum leak, causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate with code P0171 and/or P0174 stored.

Flex fuel vehicles can develop fuel calibration issues resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and/or lack of power. This commonly occurs if only short trips are taken after changing fuel type from E85 to gasoline or gasoline to E85. In most cases, the fuel calibrations can be reset for gasoline using a properly equipped scan tool.

Flex fuel vehicles can develop fuel calibration issues resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and/or lack of power. This commonly occurs if only short trips are taken after changing fuel type from E85 to gasoline or gasoline to E85. In most cases, the fuel calibrations can be reset for gasoline using a properly equipped scan tool.

The engine may start and stall with the security light flashing. This is commonly caused by a failed passlock sensor which is part of the ignition lock cylinder. A secondary cause could be the ignition switch itself. Worn contacts inside the ignition switch can cause voltage drop issues which can affect the passlock system. Proper diagnoses should be performed before replacing any parts.

if my car is parked on a hill and i have to put it in reverse it does a really hard jolt or a kick. while im driving it does it again around 30 mph and again around 60 mph. sometimes if im at a stop light it kind of jerks as i start to take off.

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.

The intake manifold gasket can develop external engine oil or coolant leaks. In some cases the failed gasket will leak coolant internally. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue.