Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Cadillac problems

Verified for the Cadillac CTS-V
The steering wheel position sensor may fail causing the Service Stability message to be displayed.

Verified for the Cadillac CTS-V

Verified for the Cadillac DTS

The trunk pull down switch may fail causing the trunk lid not to close completely. Our technicians tell us that the failed switch can be replaced without changing the complete pull down motor assembly.

Verified for the Cadillac Fleetwood

The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.

Verified for the Cadillac Escalade

The engine may develop a misfire due to worn valve seats. This fault will cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us the misfire may or may not be felt while driving. They further recommend that both cylinder heads be removed and thoroughly inspected and repaired as necessary.

Verified for the Cadillac Escalade EXT

The inside door handles are prone to breaking.

Verified for the Cadillac STS-V

The steering wheel position sensor may fail, resulting in the service stability message being displayed.

Verified for the Cadillac Fleetwood

The transmission may develop a harsh 1-2 shift and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P1870 stored. This can be caused by wear of the bore for the TCC isolator and regulator valves in the valve body. This condition does not commonly occur until the transmission reaches normal operating temperature. If the valve body is worn, replacement will be necessary to correct this concern.

Reported by Sunbird7 for the Cadillac Escalade

A/C condenser cracked in 4 places. Have to replace as well as well as the on/off switch stopped working.

Reported by alex john for the Cadillac Escalade ESV

Hi
Most of the time I face the problem in reading cd or DVD and shows disk error after showing disk check in progress for about 2 minutes - the same CD works some times if I eject and loan many times. Can any one provide a solution. Nothing wrong with the CD/DVD as it works in other CD players without any issue.
Alex

Reported by Mercedes Repair for the Cadillac CTS-V

I purchased a 2012 Red CTS-V off the lot of a Houston area Cadillac dealer. Shortly after purchasing the car, I heard a rattle when accelerating on to the highway. I immediately set up an appointment to the dealer to have it looked at. When speaking to the service advisor, he asked if I put "regular" gas in the tank (off to a REAL bad start). I stated I knew about the corvette pushrod technology and the eaton supercharger screwed on the engine...

Reported by Charlie705 for the Cadillac Escalade

Oil was dripping from Oil Pan Gasket.
Replace Oil Pan Gasket & Seal.

Reported by Papagiglio for the Cadillac DeVille

under the front left fender/bumper area, there is a electric pump that pushes air into the catalytic converter. It runs for about 45 seconds when you start you car and once in a while there-after. The bearings went out in mine and I tried to repair it, but ended up replacing it. After 8 months, the new one failed. The GM dealer warrantied it and I replaced it again, which now has stopped working again.