Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Buick problems

Verified for the Buick Regal

The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft.  Our technicians tell us that you should check with your local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.

9 Reports

Verified for the Buick Century

The Engine Control Module (ECM) can fail causing stalling, and engine and transmission drivability concerns.

Verified for the Buick Regal

The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.

21 Reports

Verified for the Buick Terraza

The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.

Verified for the Buick Park Avenue

The Engine Control Module (ECM) can fail causing stalling and various other engine & transmission drivability concerns.

Verified for the Buick Riviera

The intake manifold and valve cover gaskets can develop external engine oil leaks.

Verified for the Buick LaCrosse

32 Reports

Verified for the Buick Lucerne

The water pump and/or the plastic side tanks on the radiator may leak causing a loss of coolant. The engine may overheat due to coolant loss. Continued coolant loss after external leaks have been repaired could indicate a blown head gasket.

12 Reports

Verified for the Buick Lucerne

An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal. Our technicians tell us a revised front crankshaft seal is available to correct this concern.

15 Reports

Verified for the Buick Enclave

Vehicles with certain V6 engines may illuminate the Check Engine Light one or more of the following codes: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, or P0391. Our technicians tell us that some vehicles may require a powertrain control module (PCM) software update to correct this issue. Other vehicles may have excess camshaft end play on one or both cylinder heads which will need to be corrected using special procedures outlined by GM.

Verified for the Buick LaCrosse

3 Reports

Reported by James Edward and 3 others for the Buick LeSabre

Fan has a loud roar as if there might be a blockage of air flow.

Reported by buick88 and 1 other for the Buick Regal

When engine is warm and coming to a stop and foot of the pedal and braking the engine stalls ... no hissing sounds on brake booster. Car will not stall if i down shift to third or second on auto transmission.

2 Reports

Reported by doreydoc and 1 other for the Buick Rendezvous

My local dealer service has been trying to fix this problem for over six months: AC/H does on and off. Either it will not turn on when I start the car and then (sometimes) it will come on when I hit a bump. Or, it will come on when I start the engine, and turn off when I hit a bump.

I am only a university literature professor, but that seems like an electrical wiring short or loose connection to me. So far, the electric techs have changed fus...

2 Reports

Reported by grorrer and 5 others for the Buick LeSabre

I'll turn up the temp on the dual control to get heat, and/or the defroster to blow warmer air. All I get is cool air that makes for an uncomfortable ride and slower defrost. I did replace the blower motor in the summer, could this have caused the problem by not hooking something up correctly?