Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Buick problems

Verified for the Buick Park Avenue

The ABS master cylinder assembly may fail internally causing the ABS light to illuminate.

Verified for the Buick Park Avenue

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

Verified for the Buick Century

Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.

Verified for the Buick Regal

Verified for the Buick Roadmaster

Verified for the Buick Rendezvous

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Our technicians recommend replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.

Verified for the Buick Roadmaster

The transmission may develop a harsh 1-2 shift and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P1870 stored. This can be caused by wear of the bore for the TCC isolator and regulator valves in the valve body. This condition does not commonly occur until the transmission reaches normal operating temperature. If the valve body is worn, replacement will be necessary to correct this concern.

Reported by jadamaridge for the Buick Park Avenue

I've had an intermittent no-start condition on my 2000 Buick Park Ave. This started happening on occasion and was nerve racking. Took it to my local mechanic shop and he replaced the crankshaft position sensor which solved the problem. Found the problem with the sensor 'A'(18X24X) out of range. Code PO336-CKP. in the computer. Hope this info will help others who have this problem.

Reported by Walted for the Buick Riviera

The leveling system air compressor head has a relief valve in it that corrodes and sticks over time. Each time the car is started, the compressor should cycle to pressurize the system and then the release pressure as needed to establish level. The condition becomes apparent when the rear of the car raises a little at a time until the air shocks are destroyed, requiring replacement of the rear shocks and the air compressor head. I have owned ...

Reported by rlyonk for the Buick Park Avenue

at around 130,000 miles transmission began to slip when slowing and then accelerating rapidly. At 182,000 mi. Trans. Started making a growling sound, I had it replaced with a GM. Factory remanufactured unit for $ 3,200 still going strong at 225,00 mi..
May have been repairable if I had taken it in when the slipping started.

Reported by Bubba77 for the Buick Regal

Wiring harness at right trunk hinge bends when trunk opened.
Wiring gets stressed and eventually breaks.
The orange wire in the bundle is the trunk light wire.

Failing that change bulb:
P/N is BP917

Reported by blackroseamber94 for the Buick Century

my 2000 Buick century custom has the service engine soon light on low tire and low coolant light on constantly and my car stalls out and has a hard time switching gears. i have no clue what is going on and the window work when they want to and i just recently had to replace a fuel pump cause gas leaked out from the top. what are my problems and how do i fix them.

Reported by stormruneJB for the Buick LaCrosse

Sometimes if I put my purse in the passenger seat, it triggers the seat belt alarm. Weight is about 2-3 lbs. The alarm will not turn off even if I move my purse to the floor. Must turn off the car, put purse in floor and then turn it back on. Dealer says that it is caused by my cell phone in my purse and that there is a bulletin out about this problem. The fix is to never put my purse in the passenger seat.