BMW Problem Reports

Newest BMW Problem Reports

I don't know exactly either water or oil leak, maybe one or maybe both. I just bought the car 3- weeks, trying to tell the dealer, got nothing from them. I want to get diagnose and I will make decision after nothing to loose anyway if I return the car back, I will talk to the back first to unwind the car I will loose my headache .

Still don't know what is wrong. I will take to diagnosis . Talked to dealer didn't go any where. I just bought 3 weeks ago.

the engine won't start and shows on the dust board computer Trans Fail Safe

horn stop working and the airbag sensor light is on

The car runs great and feels smooth but every few days went I started it releases a white smoke for a few seconds ! It did it today while I was driving it on a stop light, what could be the problem? I don't see any leaks

The two codes for the vanos system inlet and outlet.. They was replaced and it is still cutting off..

I bought this car used with a factory warranty on it about 5 years ago. The GPS DVD player kept asking for the disk to be inserted when it was. BMW did a software check, download then finally replaced it all under the warranty!! Guess what, it's doing it AGAIN!!! I have a GREAT BMW mechanic but he doesn't do electronics and I just know the dealership is going to charge an arm, leg and first born grandchild. I'm in the Sacramento, CA area,...

Failure of the front control arm bracket bushingsoften referred to as thrust rod bushingsis moderately common. One symptom is a clunk or jolt felt in the steering when braking.

My turn signal began to operate too fast this usually indicated a bulb being burned out, this began around 90,000 miles. I checked the bulbs and they were fine. Around 97,000 my dashboard trouble indicator lite up, showing I had a problem with my driver side back taillight. A mechanic told me that my bulb assembly was going bad and this was a common problems on BMWs. I eventually had to buy a new one for around $90 from BMW and replaced it mys...

You have to reset the system manually by removing the back seat cover - there is a special allen key there to reset the system - a mechanic can do it for you in 10 minutes

down shifts hard

drive train malfunction, drive moderately, maximum output not available. multiple cylinders reported misfires and dangerous exhaust gasses after startup and during moderate acceleration at 1800-2200 rpm. black smoke from exhaust during acceleration. After replacing plugs and testing coils the problem was narrowed to injectors. using scan tool to look at rough running values of various cylinders we were able to narrow problem down to cylinder 7...

Engine hydrolocked secondary to an injector failing. The car had been sputtering a little. BMW dealer in Indianapolis replace the low pressure fuel sensor. The next day the car was started and still had a sputter. No error codes. The injector allowed fuel to pour into a cylinder at 1600 psi. since fluid does not compress the rod and piston took the blow resulting in a bent rod and a knock. The knock was coming from the bottom of the piston hit...

Cooling system failed leaking all coolant. Required replacement of the coolant pump, thermostat and associated hoses. Cost to repair around $1700