BMW 740i Problem Reports

Newest BMW 740i Problem Reports

Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.

I put 161K miles on my 94 BMW 740I up and down a mountain, The ultimate driving machine is not a joke. I've driven a 320 Mercedes but nothing matches. The Mercedes floats on the freeway "a few" miles over the speed limit. The BMW with its 2000 Psi hydraulic pump for the suspension and steering lowers the vehicle 1/2 to 1 inch and the steering and suspension gets stiff this keeps you in touch with wheels to steering to the road sensation. I am ...

The front thrust rod bushingsalso referred to as tension strut bushingsare known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.

The rear lower ball joints may wear causing alignment and tire wear issues as a result of the excessive play in these joints. Our technicians tell us a 4wheel alignment should be performed after ball joint replacement.

Engine oil leaks commonly develop from both valve cover gaskets, intake manifold, and PCV plate after about 60,000 miles.

A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.

1995 BMW 740i, One day while driving my car died. It would restart but was not getting gas. Battery cable was taken off during the process of elemination trying to figure out what was wrong with the car. I took my car to the local BMW shop the diagnosis was the fuel pump and fuel filter needed to be repaired. After the repair work the following day i filled my gas tank but my gas guage never moved. my gas light remains on..what could have caus...