Audi Problem Reports

Newest Audi Problem Reports

I noticed my gas gauge wasn't working after I re-fueled. The speedometer gauge had not been working right for a while. It constantly kept going up and down. When I tried to get info from knowledge techs, I was told the Instrument Cluster had gone and would need a new one put in (which I know is pretty darn expensive. I did some research on my own. I found that there is a sensor that can go bad, that connects the gas and speedometer gauges...

A plugged heater core slowed the fluid flow to a level that seriously affected the heaters ability to provide warm air in the cabin. The entire dash, console, and steering has to be removed to R&R the heater core.

Vacuum leaks, oxygen sensor failure, and catalytic converter efficiency faults can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate.

The water pump may fail resulting in engine overheating and possible timing belt damage. Overheating and/or timing belt failure can result in very expensive engine repairs. As a precaution, it is recommended to inspect the timing belt and water pump at regular intervals.

When try to re-start engine when the engine is above 200F, it cannot be started. You have to wait till engine cools down under 200F to start it again. The problem is the bad coolant sensor, can be replaced easily.

An engine misfire may be noted after cold start resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light. Our technicians tell us updated powertrain control module (PCM) software is available to correct this concern.

Engine oil leaks are common from the valve cover gaskets and camshaft chain tensioner gasket.