Audi Problem Reports

Most Reported Audi Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

Our technicians recommend having the constant velocity (CV) boots and CV joints inspected at each service. Servicing torn CV boots early can prevent the need to replace the CV half shaft or CV joint.

An External oil leak may develop from the valley pan gasket (under the intake manifold) and/or the head gasket.

Clogged drains can allow rainwater to accumulate in the plenum tray (at the base of the windshield). The water may leak into the vehicle's interior, brake booster, or electrical components, which can lead to major problems. Our technicians recommend keeping the tray clear of leaves, pine needles, and other debris.

Engine oil leaks are common from the valve cover gaskets and camshaft chain tensioner gasket.

wipers will only work for 4 swipes then stop at any spot after a delay it will go 4 swipes ect. no matter in what position the lever is in

A no start condition may occur with a fuel pressure sensor fault code is stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). This problem is commonly caused by a faulty fuel pressure sensor which should be replaced.

Axle constant velocity (CV) boots may crack and leak, resulting a lack of lubrication and damage to the CV joint. Our technicians recommend to replace damaged CV boots at the first sign of cracking. If noise is noted from the CV joint the axle may require replacement.

Coolant reservoir tank cracks or a hole forms after 2 or 3 years. Recommend changing when you have the coolant changed.

When try to re-start engine when the engine is above 200F, it cannot be started. You have to wait till engine cools down under 200F to start it again. The problem is the bad coolant sensor, can be replaced easily.

I noticed my gas gauge wasn't working after I re-fueled. The speedometer gauge had not been working right for a while. It constantly kept going up and down. When I tried to get info from knowledge techs, I was told the Instrument Cluster had gone and would need a new one put in (which I know is pretty darn expensive. I did some research on my own. I found that there is a sensor that can go bad, that connects the gas and speedometer gauges...

Clogged sunroof drains can allow water to enter the interior and accumulate under the carpet where various control modules are mounted. Over time, the accumulated moisture can damage the control modules.

Both front window regulators failed within days of each other. had to be replaced.

After the car has been driven for about 15 mins and I am sitting at a light (or idle) and the motor fan kicks on, it sends a faint smoke through my vents once the fan kicks off and with that smoke, it leaves a light brown oily film. What could this be? I am baffled, to say the very least!

Help!