Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported Audi problems

Verified for the Audi A4

An External oil leak may develop from the valley pan gasket (under the intake manifold) and/or the head gasket.

Verified for the Audi A8

Clogged drains can allow rainwater to accumulate in the plenum tray (at the base of the windshield). The water may leak into the vehicle's interior, brake booster, or electrical components, which can lead to major problems. Our technicians recommend keeping the tray clear of leaves, pine needles, and other debris.

Verified for the Audi A6 Quattro

Verified for the Audi A4 Quattro

Engine oil leaks are common from the valve cover gaskets and camshaft chain tensioner gasket.

Verified for the Audi A3

A no start condition may occur with a fuel pressure sensor fault code is stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). This problem is commonly caused by a faulty fuel pressure sensor which should be replaced.

Verified for the Audi A3 Quattro

Verified for the Audi Q7

The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to various camshaft and crankshaft position sensor and/or correlation faults. Our technicians tell us that revised powertrain control module (PCM) is available to correct this concern.

Reported by bmrjerk and 1 other for the Audi A4 Quattro

Coolant reservoir tank cracks or a hole forms after 2 or 3 years. Recommend changing when you have the coolant changed.

Reported by Bathy and 1 other for the Audi A6

When try to re-start engine when the engine is above 200F, it cannot be started. You have to wait till engine cools down under 200F to start it again. The problem is the bad coolant sensor, can be replaced easily.

Reported by Sandy28 and 1 other for the Audi A6 Quattro

I noticed my gas gauge wasn't working after I re-fueled. The speedometer gauge had not been working right for a while. It constantly kept going up and down. When I tried to get info from knowledge techs, I was told the Instrument Cluster had gone and would need a new one put in (which I know is pretty darn expensive. I did some research on my own. I found that there is a sensor that can go bad, that connects the gas and speedometer gauges...

Verified for the Audi A4

Clogged sunroof drains can allow water to enter the interior and accumulate under the carpet where various control modules are mounted. Over time, the accumulated moisture can damage the control modules.

Reported by jeffatmines for the Audi A4 Quattro

Both front window regulators failed within days of each other. had to be replaced.

Reported by cabriolet for the Audi Cabriolet

After the car has been driven for about 15 mins and I am sitting at a light (or idle) and the motor fan kicks on, it sends a faint smoke through my vents once the fan kicks off and with that smoke, it leaves a light brown oily film. What could this be? I am baffled, to say the very least!

Help!
Tammy

Reported by gaphap for the Audi A4

wipers will only work for 4 swipes then stop at any spot after a delay it will go 4 swipes ect. no matter in what position the lever is in

Verified for the Audi Q7

A brake pedal pulsation may develop, most commonly the front brakes are at fault. Just to be sure, our technicians recommend that both front and rear rotors be inspected. Brake pads and rotors should be replaced as necessary to correct this issue.