Car Problem Reports

Most Reported Car Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.

Due to corrosion at the pivot, the driver side window wiper may fail. The damaged pivot will require replacement to repair this problem.

The automatic transmission oil is synthetic and Jaguar claims it never needs changing. However, to prolong the transmission life, our technicians strongly recommend changing the automatic transmission oil at 60,000 miles.

Use only Jaguar-approved fluid and carefully follow the Jaguar instructions for refilling the transmission.

Some vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following: Spark knock complaints when the vehicle is under load, various single cylinder misfire, and surge in 4th gear (around 45 mph). Our technicians tell us that rerouting the coil and spark plug wires to minimize induction effects will commonly correct this condition. If wires must cross during the reroute procedure, they must cross at a 90 degree angle.

A weak or dead battery may be caused by the radio not powering down correctly. If the backlight is flickering every 20 seconds that would confirm the fault and the radio would need to be replaced.

I just purchased a 2004 Buick Le Sabre,it has 151,000 miles on it and it starts and cranks fine, but when put it in drive, it doesn't move, sometimes i can cut off and restart it and it'll take off but when i come to a complete stop it doesn't accelerate anymore. What should i do to fix this asap

The relay which turns the airmatic suspension pump on may fail causing the pump to run continuously. This can result in failure of the pump motor or a dead battery as the pump motor will continue to run after the car is turned off. Also, Worn airmatic pump mount bushings can causes noises in the front axle while driving on bumpy roads or a buzzing noise while the pump is running.

when starting the car the fan keeps running and will not allow the car to warm up. so there for it will no produce heat. called crysler and they said its a common probem mine is a 2004. my mom just baught one and the cars are just junk hers is a 2010 please tell me what to do. crysler said it was a HUGE problem with pt cruisers this is the last time ever for crysler i hate there cars and trucks. switched to nissan still have the pt if you no n...

Right after I purchased my truck "new" I started having difficulty shifting at times. My wife refused to drive it "which was ok".
I took it to two dealers in the area and both said it was an issue with that model and there was no fix.
I recently lost all shifting ability fifty miles from home. after I finally got home my brother said he knew what was wrong " he is NOT a mechanic" but he crawled under then said yep and called me under. The ...

Air flow and oxygen sensor failures are common and can cause drivability concerns.

Screws inside the intake manifold can become loose causing internal engine damage if they fall out completely. Our technicians report that using a strong thread locker on the power valve butterfly screws can help prevent them from becoming loose.

A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.

Analog Tele Aid units are no longer supported and must be updated to digital, preferably at a dealership or a well-equipped independent shop. The update and all related factors should be completed at the same time.

A brake pulsation may develop due to improper torque of the wheel lug nuts. Our technicians tell us the lug nuts should be hand torqued to the proper specification to help avoid this condition.

A worn (front) bushing on the rear lower control arm can cause a noise when going over bumps. Replacing the worn bushing should stop the noise.

The ABS light can come on, indicating an ABS pump motor circuit fault. This is most likely to occur in warmer areas (above 90° F) and usually after a quick stop, like a refueling. If no faults can be found in the pump motor circuit after proper diagnostics, there is a revised ABS control module which should correct this concern.

I have a 1995 Lexus Ls400 and the passenger side rear end air suspension is not working I was looking on ebay for the parts but I do not know if I should buy a conversion kit and replace all four and will that be all I need to fix it or will it be cheaper just to get a new air suspension and will I have to replace all four as well

Leaks may develop from the differential seals and/or cover on older or high mileage vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit when these leaks are addressed.

The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. At that point, a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.

A door control module/actuator may fail. Our technicians recommend finding an expert to repair them. Taking the door trim panels off requires expert knowledge because they can break and the pieces are very expensive.

The front door may make a rattling or fluttering sound when closing the door with the window down. Our technicians tell us the outer belt molding may be causing the noise and if so in should be replaced with an update part.

Water may be noted in the tail lights. The repair involves re-sealing the tail light housing mounts at the body.

Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.

The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.

1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.

There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.

I run into this problem 1 day prior to delivery on a 2006-08 Tahoe 5.3 L, 6.0L I had no engine noise,that I can here after the low oil pressure went to zero and the warning alarm was going off. 10 min after operation. I noticed that cold start was only 25 PSI and got lower. to make a long story short. Techs. vehicles with active fuel management underneath the intake manifold.. hold the oil pressure switch. inside the port is a screen in the tu...

On certain models with rear disc brakes, a grinding noise can be caused by corrosion between the rear brake caliper bracket and the brake pad retainers. Cleaning and lubricating the caliper bracket and pad retainers should correct this concern.