Car Problem Reports

Most Reported Car Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified
The steering wheel position sensor may fail causing the Service Stability message to be displayed.

A worn steering dampening shock can cause a fluid leak at the front of the vehicle. If a leak is noted from the dampening shock, our technicians tell us that it should be replaced.

I believe I had this problem reoccurring for the longest time. I had o2 sensors and catalytic converters change but this problem is reoccurring all the time. I had an MAF go bad and had it replaced and this will pop out again. Can someone help me?

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0113 and/or P0153. Our technicians tell us a powertrain control module (PCM) software upgrade is available to correct this issue.

Leaking fuel at the fuel module return. Told I have to replace entire fuel pump. $920.00

In some vehicles, the automatic transmission over heat light may come with sustained highway driving or driving at a sustained speed. Our technicians tell us that flushing the transmission and changing from Dextron lll to Dextron ll can help remedy this problem.

A fluid leak from the front of the vehicle may be a result of a worn steering dampening shock. Our technicians tell us that if a leak is noted from the dampening shock it should be replaced.

A refrigerant leak may develop from one or more of the AC hoses. Proper leak detection procedures should be followed if refrigerant loss in encountered. Replacement of any leaking hoses will we required to restore proper AC operation.

My rear wiper only works in reverse! One of the back lights are completely out even though we changed bulbs radio works only when truck is open and back lock doesn't work at all. I had a mechanic run the codes and he couldn't even connect to see what codes were pulling!

The front windows may come off track due to broken window sash brackets. Our  technicians advise us that these brackets can be serviced without replacing the complete window.
A knocking noise from the front end can be caused by cracked strut tower bushings.
The transmission has numerous problems; symptoms can range from shuddering to completely dying. The majority of the TSBs (service bulletins) require an overhaul of the transmission. Updated internal parts are available.

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.

The overhead video screen may not power on, updating the video entertainment system software may be necessary to correct this concern.

Took car in to have noised checked out at 132k miles mechanic said it was A/C compressor not to worry. Next week car chugs and motor jumps to a stall. Timing chain was broke and destroyed the engine. Car was always a money pit, but this was the monster of repairs. Bought a used motor and total cost was around $4500. Car was never the same and constant check engine light and anti lock brake light. Upon my first encounter of multiple problems wi...

I was told that I needed back brakes so I had them fixed. Now there's that rubbing noise I hear and it is loud I didn't hear that at first, so now am being told that it's is hub bearing, so had that check,and that wasn't the problem, and problem still there an was told its going to get louder..Then he told me thst it's bearing in the transmission. I do know what that is and I never heard of that before..

Motor mounts commonly fail, causing engine vibrations to be transferred to the body. Failed motor mounts should be replaced in order to prevent damage to the transmission mount.

You may be able to extend the life of the automatic transmission by fitting an inline filter and/or an automatic transmission oil cooler to the transmission system.

A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.

Due to corrosion at the pivot, the driver side window wiper may fail. The damaged pivot will require replacement to repair this problem.

Some vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following: Spark knock complaints when the vehicle is under load, various single cylinder misfire, and surge in 4th gear (around 45 mph). Our technicians tell us that rerouting the coil and spark plug wires to minimize induction effects will commonly correct this condition. If wires must cross during the reroute procedure, they must cross at a 90 degree angle.

Chance all 4 tyre. Its Cant find out if 2 tyre is more dovn then the otters this shud work. It works on my and otters i heer about

The automatic transmission (CVT) can have a "shudder" due to a worn start clutch. Replacing the start clutch should correct this type of shudder condition.

Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.

The automatic transmission oil is synthetic and Jaguar claims it never needs changing. However, to prolong the transmission life, our technicians strongly recommend changing the automatic transmission oil at 60,000 miles.

Use only Jaguar-approved fluid and carefully follow the Jaguar instructions for refilling the transmission.

A weak or dead battery may be caused by the radio not powering down correctly. If the backlight is flickering every 20 seconds that would confirm the fault and the radio would need to be replaced.

I just purchased a 2004 Buick Le Sabre,it has 151,000 miles on it and it starts and cranks fine, but when put it in drive, it doesn't move, sometimes i can cut off and restart it and it'll take off but when i come to a complete stop it doesn't accelerate anymore. What should i do to fix this asap