Car Problem Reports

Most Reported Car Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

how to I reflash to fix flashing red security light on dash?

I bought you brand new from a dealership. I knew it was a doomed relationship when at 10k, your passenger side seat heater and blower motor went out. Okay, under warranty. In hindsight, I should've unloaded the garbage heap then and there. At 51k, the same thing happened on the driver's side. Juuuust out of warranty. The cost of fix it was a COMPLETE replacement of the driver's side seat at Lincoln parts pricing. That was the very beginn...

Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.

Leaks may develop from the differential seals and/or cover on older or high mileage vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit when these leaks are addressed.

Oil feed tubes break and fall into the crankcase (engine) and the tappet becomes noisy (ticking), resulting in degraded idle quality. Our technicians recommend replacing all of the tubes at the same time, broken or not.

If the vehicle overheats because the cooling fan is not turning on, or if the AC is not working, it may be due to a defective RFI fan filter module (located at the center, near the bottom of the fan assembly).

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

Delayed transmission engagement of 2 to 8 seconds may be noted after  the vehicle has been parked for an extended period. Our technicians tell the repair involves installing a drainback relief valve in the transmission oil cooler pressure line.

A ringing sound may be noted when shifting from drive to reverse or reverse to drive. Our technicians tell us that replacing the transmission output flange and applying a special substance to the transmission output shaft splines should correct this issue.

I bought my 2008 Rondo from a dealer in 2009 with 15000 miles on it. At approx. 36000 miles it left me stranded in town. I called roadside assist, towed to Kia, fuel pumped replaced under warranty. New pump came with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. Now at 51,877 miles, stranded again, towed to Kia ( roadside assistance out of warranty), now the fuel pump needs replaced again, this time out of my pocket >$500.00 plus tow plus rental. I found t...

It began when I had a new key and FOB programmed, my truck began having issues when starting all the power would work everything was fine except nothing would happen with the engine it wouldn't start. It began happening more and more frequent irregardless of temperature of engine or time of day during usage. I cleaned spark plugs and posts even changed out the fuse box. The dealership was stumped as well, I noticed a lock and car light symbol...

Coolant can leak from the area where the water pump mates to the water pump housing because the sealant degrades over time. Coolant can also leak where the water pump housing mates to the engine block, which is sealed with an O-ring.

Impact damage to the front of the vehicle can cause the primary O2 sensor to blow fuse 15 and cause the Check Engine light (MIL) to come on. In most cases the primary O2 sensor needs replacing and a new fuse installed to repair the issue.

A binding gas cap due to a faulty filler neck can cause the Check Engine light (MIL) to illuminate. Replacing the filler neck will address this concern.

If the brakes are squealing, there's a good chance it is the brake pad wear sensor.  A new design was implemented in January 2006 and can be identified by its green color.

Vehicles with automatic level control that ride harshly in the rear (no give in the suspension) may have one or both dampening actuators which have failed. It is commonly recommended the actuators be replaced in pairs.

The EGR valve may stick open causing a rough idle and the Check Engine Light light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that a piece of carbon may become stuck in the valve causing this problem. Cleaning the valve will usually correct this condition, in some rare cases the valve will need to be replaced.

The alternator may fail causing the battery to go dead. The charge light on the dash may or may not illuminate. The alternator may also develop an abnormal noise. A failed alternator will require replacement.

An intermittent problem with static at startup or when the radio is switched to the satellite function can be fixed by replacing the satellite digital audio receiver (SDAR).

A delayed upshift condition may be experienced for about 1/4 mile in cold weather (32 degrees F and below) and is most noticeable after the vehicle has been parked for 8 or more hours. Our technicians tell us the repair involves replacing teflon governor drive seal rings with cast iron seal rings.

My car starts very hard and when it finally does, If I take my foot off of the accelerator it dies. I replaced the IAC but it didn't help. I also pulled the timing belt upper cover and checked the belt, it seems to be ok, no missing teeth. What next.

I backed out of my drive way and there was no problem got down the road. heard a thud got out and check did not see any thing. drove a little further and the brakes where pulsating. sounds like it was coming from the rear but also from the front left side. brakes are working but as I said they are pulsating and making noise..

After six months of having it towed and then loaning it to my local repair shop to drive as a parts car they gave it back to me and said to scrap it. I started pulling things off just to look at them and found the MAP sensor was full of sludge. It looked like a Ford engine back in the day running Quaker State oil (foamy). I replaced the MAP sensor and it ran another 25,000 miles without a problem. The local Buick dealer was a bucket of no ...

For the 4L80- E Transmission only (6.2L Diesel and 7.4L gas engine) the transmission fluid may leak through the electrical connector on the side of the transmission, damaging the wire harness and causing the transmission to shift erratically. Our technicians tell us there are updated shift solenoids, an internal  transmission harness, and a connector pigtail available to correct this fault.

A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.

Analog Tele Aid units are no longer supported and must be updated to digital, preferably at a dealership or a well-equipped independent shop. The update and all related factors should be completed at the same time.