Mercedes-Benz Q&A

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 Question: Problems with suspension and accidents as a result

bcollinsattorney, Birmingham, AL, October 25, 2013, 13:01

I am an attorney in Birmingham, Alabama with one of these cars and my wife and kids were driving a 2003 e500 sport a few months ago and the system failed. She almost had a collision with a tractor trailer that would have most likely been fatal. After reading the internet and speaking with my local independent Mercedes mechanic(who was replacing in nine e-class cars at that time and only has a small operation), I have learned this is a consistent, common failure that occurs in every e class it appears. I am prepared to do something about this as Mercedes has failed to provide any meaningful warning to its customers who pay a higher price and expect safety. Even if the automobiles were purchased used, we as owners still pay twice or three times as much for the maintenance and these cars should not fall apart after fifty thousand miles. What a joke but I'm not laughing anymore. Please contact me through email at brian@collinshorsley.com if you have experienced this failure and if you have been injured I request that you put that in the subject line of the email. I paid almost 4,000 for the rear and one front and who knows when the next one will fail. Lets do something about it.

Brian Collins