My 1993 GMC Jimmy recently started not starting in and around when we have big rain storms. I replaced the fuel pump a few years ago, and just recently we replaced the ignition coil. The next day it rained, and it wouldn't start. I've also tried stuff to remove water from the fuel and spray-on stuff to dry off wire connections in the engine.
problems with starting on 1993 GMC Jimmy
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by racergrl ,
June 23, 2009
Have you inspected the distributor cap and rotor for corrosion?
Verified for the GMC Jimmy12 reports
Verified for the GMC Jimmy19 reports
Verified for the GMC Jimmy17 reports
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Jimmy Questions
- runs fine up to 40 miles per hour then it dies out. Then I wait 5 min to start
- Battery keeps dying and when jumped and put in gear theres a loud noise
- ABS light is on and no matter how much i bleed brakes cant get a firm pedal.
- don't take gas wants to lunge
- How can i disable the theft security system it stops the truck from starting
1993 GMC Jimmy Estimates
- 65,000 Mile Service ($150 - 217) in Minerva, NY
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($211 - 314) in Scottown, OH
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Washita, OK
- 40,000 Mile Service ($150 - 217) in Fairfield, ME
- Horn Replacement ($110 - 121) in Isle la Motte, VT
- Engine Mount Replacement ($274 - 325) in Olney, MT