Rough Idle and/or Engine Stalling Condition on Lincoln Town Car

In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 175,043 (135,000–206,126)
18 model years affected: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, more1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
23 people reported this problem
4 people shared problem details
1994 Lincoln Town Car184,005
Engine misses, hesitates, backfires, and has poor fuel economy; I have replaced all spark plugs, wires, and coils. along with fuel filter and air filter. I have also checked for vacuum leaks.
1995 Lincoln Town Car206,126
when running it idle higher than normal and if i hit the gas paddle it shuts off
I just got the car from a friend and when I drive it it gets to stop fighting cuts off doesn't want to stay running when I Idling.
replaced EGR valve, not even a year later check engine came on again and it was the egr again!
The EGR tube may plug causing the EGR system to not function at all. As a result, engine pingin...
I OWN A 2000 LINCOLN TOWN CAR.I HAVW 66,000 MILES ON IT.IT HAS HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS WIT REAR SU...
WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THE AIR RIDE SYSTEM NOT LIFTING THE BACK END UP LIKE IT SHOULD BE?
all over the road.does'nt appear to be visible damage to other steering components.tires are to...