problems with down shifting on 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe

My 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe (91,000 miles) is not down shifting right. When I let off gas to coast, it acts like its either going to die or down shifts hard. Been doing this through 3 or 4 tanks of gas, so I know it is not bad fuel. Also, rpm is running high.

by in Cape Girardeau, MO on March 02, 2014
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
2 answers 4 comments
ANSWER by , March 20, 2014
sounds like your transmission is having a problem, the PCM may be intermittently failing, the MAP, MAF or TPS sensor could be bad or going bad. let me know if you find out the solution.
COMMENT by , March 21, 2014
I took it to the Hyundai dealership and had a scan ran on it. Had transmission fluid flushed and a new timing belt. Will see what happens. Thank you for your response.
ANSWER by , March 02, 2014
Check engine light on 'check codes,sounds like bad IAC motor ,idle air controller or tps sensor throttle position sensor..
COMMENT by , March 02, 2014
My check engine light is not on. Thank you for the response, any idea of cost in these possibilities?
COMMENT by , March 22, 2014
most likely your TCM (trans control solenoid). some places call it the PCM (powertrain control module). looks like this is a common problem on these vehicles. which engine is in your vehicle? RR
COMMENT by , March 22, 2014
Have found out (after spending a lot of money) that it is the tps. Will be a fairly cheap fix. Thanks to everyone who offered help. I truly appreciate it.