problem with the headlights on 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis

Headlights will turn off unexpectdly during operation. seems to be an intermittent open in the circuit. I have checked and cleaned the batt cables and checked for bad ground and burned out fuses. problem is not isolated to the automatic daylight sensor system because when headlights are nonfunctional in auto mode will also not work in manual mode

by in El Centro, CA on January 13, 2010
4 answers
ANSWER by on January 14, 2010
Need to get the wiring schematics and head light system inspection information I would go here: http://bit.ly/alldata_repair_manuals
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on April 09, 2010
Is this a corroded conection on right side of car?
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on December 16, 2010
It is definetly your Headlight controll module. I had the same problem with my 05 grand marquis, go on Ebay and get one like i did they only cost $ 75 and come with a liftime warranty. This is going to fix your problem permanetly.
ANSWER by on June 21, 2015
In my 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis my lights shut off when I'm driving
Headlights will just go out without any warning. Sometimes they will go out when the car is sta...
i have replaced the headlight switch and i still only have turn signals and hazard lights, no head lights
My headlights dont work if i pull the blinker forward they come on but only in brights sometimes they will work on there own i cannot get them to come on by using the switch on the dash. What could...
i have a problem with my lights going off riding down the road.i have to hold the high beam on till they decide to work
How to replace headlight switch?