problem with the gauge needles on 2007 Honda Element

Hi: My daughter has a honda element 07 and she call me saying that she was driving and when she notice the 3 gauges needles fell off at the same time. How that happen?. I don`t want to take it to the dealer because they are going to charge me alot. Can I fix this my self?. how can I take the front cover of the gauges out?. Thank you...! for your time.

by in Miami, FL on March 08, 2010
3 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on March 11, 2010
Hi: That issue was addressed by Honda on a factory recall in which they replaced the entire instrument panel at no charge. Suggest you contact a local Honda Dealer.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on January 24, 2011
it is a recall item covered by honha
COMMENT by on March 17, 2011
It WAS covered by Honda. As of Decemeber they will NOT do anything and the cost to repair is all yours. This is a Honda defect but if you car is three years old they will not fix it. They really suck.
ANSWER by on March 17, 2011
It WAS covered by Honda. As of Decemeber 2010 they will NOT do anything and the cost to repair is all yours. This is a Honda defect but if your car is three years old they will not fix it. They really suck.
2 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
I have a 2007 Honda Element that we bought two years ago off a honda used car lot. Yesterday I was driving and hit a speed bump and the gage needles for the tach and speedometer fell off. I read th...