Problem with tailgate when it is cold out. It opens and then closes right away. on 2007 Chrysler Town & Country

When it is real cold the tailgate goes up and comes right back down. You cannot stop it. It is dangerous needless to say as you start to get something out and it comes down on you if you don't move quick. We thought this was an isolated instance with our 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, but it is not happening with our 2007 too now that it is cold. Any one else with this problem? any solutions or recalls?

by in Houston, MN on December 06, 2013
2 answers 3 comments
ANSWER by on December 06, 2013
Sounds like it's pretty smart to me,Lol. Sorry couldn't resist, have it tested, the sensors are not communicating, or has the wrong information.
COMMENT by on December 06, 2013
:) I think it is weird that it has happened to two of our same kind of vans. Just wondering if others in this cold country have had the same problem and what they did. It as you said could be the sensors that maybe don't work when it is cold.
COMMENT by on December 06, 2013
German engineering, 'Mercedes'
ANSWER by on March 02, 2015
My 2007 T&C van is doing the same thing. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your tailgate?
COMMENT by on March 02, 2015
Sorry! We called Chrysler and they wouldn't do anything about it! I would file with them as we did so the more people that have this problem may result in a recall. Hopefully!!!