Chrysler Q&A

2007 Chrysler Town & Country Question: Problem with tailgate when it is cold out. It opens and then closes right away.

vbreyer, Houston, MN, December 06, 2013, 14:32

When it is real cold the tailgate goes up and comes right back down. You cannot stop it. It is dangerous needless to say as you start to get something out and it comes down on you if you don't move quick. We thought this was an isolated instance with our 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, but it is not happening with our 2007 too now that it is cold. Any one else with this problem? any solutions or recalls?

G. T. Service Center (4243 Answers) , Stephenville, TX - (254) 638-3236
    ProfessorG December 06, 2013, 21:46

Sounds like it's pretty smart to me,Lol. Sorry couldn't resist, have it tested, the sensors are not communicating, or has the wrong information.

vbreyer, December 06, 2013, 22:07

:) I think it is weird that it has happened to two of our same kind of vans. Just wondering if others in this cold country have had the same problem and what they did. It as you said could be the sensors that maybe don't work when it is cold.

ProfessorG, December 06, 2013, 22:13

German engineering, 'Mercedes'

March 02, 2015, 20:13

My 2007 T&C van is doing the same thing. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your tailgate?

vgail, March 02, 2015, 22:09

Sorry! We called Chrysler and they wouldn't do anything about it! I would file with them as we did so the more people that have this problem may result in a recall. Hopefully!!!