Problem with switching from heat to a/c on 1997 Ford Escort

What do you call the thing that looks like a gear that changes from heat to A/C? Heater and A/C both work fine but the "gear part" is broken so has to be changed manually.

by in Opelika, AL on April 15, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on May 04, 2009
Go to this site put in your year, make and model and put vacuum motor in the search box, here you'll see view image click on that and you'll see a complete diagram of your heater and be able to locate the part your looking for.
Related Items:
I recently replaced the heater core on my car because it blew and started leaking coolant everywhere inside my car, i thought everything went smoothly but now i dont have ANY A/C or heat i dont kno...
My car has heat but the fan will not work. What would be wrong with it and what would the repair cost?
Once again I don't know much about cars. I know it doesn't need to be recharged. One day it just stopped blowing cold air. Air still come out just not cold. I read something about a ?CSRM? somethin...

Related Content