Ford Q&A

2000 Ford Taurus Question: problem with misfire and bucking when accelerating 2000 ford taurus

mercylyn, 3.0L V6, Killen, AL, May 23, 2013, 05:12

I have a 2000 ford taurus 3.0 v6 flex fuel engine in it. When I go to stomp on gas, it cuts out and bucks extremely bad. It also seems to do it worse during shifting out. When it is in reverse it will get really bad and has even went dead on me. It also seems to have a miss in it. No codes are being thrown for it and check engine light does not come on. I have replaced fuel pump and fuel filter. Changed coil pack and changed plugs and plug wires. Have ran sea foam thru gas tank also. I don't know what else to try and my mechanic can't figure it out either.

Greg's Orange Auto (13414 Answers) , Orange, CA - (714) 361-9386
    globalhelper May 23, 2013, 06:13

POSS PLUG WIRE ISSUES BREAKING DOWN UNDER A LOAD. IF ITS A COIL OVER COULD BE INSULATORS BREAKING DOWN

pushrod May 23, 2013, 06:51

Have mechanic perform a wire harness wiggle test, eng. running, since it is different in reverse than drive, engine movement may be your problem! Also have mounts checked.

mercylyn, May 23, 2013, 09:22

I have had motor mounts replaced and still does it. the only thing that mechanic said the vacuum system was failing a leak test.

pushrod, May 23, 2013, 09:30