problem with misfire and bucking when accelerating 2000 ford taurus on 2000 Ford Taurus

I have a 2000 ford taurus 3.0 v6 flex fuel engine in it. When I go to stomp on gas, it cuts out and bucks extremely bad. It also seems to do it worse during shifting out. When it is in reverse it will get really bad and has even went dead on me. It also seems to have a miss in it. No codes are being thrown for it and check engine light does not come on. I have replaced fuel pump and fuel filter. Changed coil pack and changed plugs and plug wires. Have ran sea foam thru gas tank also. I don't know what else to try and my mechanic can't figure it out either.

by in Killen, AL on May 23, 2013
3 answers 2 comments
ANSWER by on May 23, 2013
POSS PLUG WIRE ISSUES BREAKING DOWN UNDER A LOAD. IF ITS A COIL OVER COULD BE INSULATORS BREAKING DOWN
ANSWER by on May 23, 2013
Have mechanic perform a wire harness wiggle test, eng. running, since it is different in reverse than drive, engine movement may be your problem! Also have mounts checked.
COMMENT by on May 23, 2013
I have had motor mounts replaced and still does it. the only thing that mechanic said the vacuum system was failing a leak test.
COMMENT by on May 23, 2013
Ok! Good luck.
ANSWER by on January 22, 2015
Did you ever find out what it was? I have this exact same model with the exact same problem excluding the reverse part.
Codes indicate possible bad catalytic converter, but I already replaced it. Codes went off for a while after replacing, then came back on. Not sure if pertinent, but I know a bad cat can cause a bu...