2003 GMC Sonoma Q&A

2003 GMC Sonoma Question: problem with heater

blower motor works and engine temp gauge is 180 with heat on high cdabin temp gets to about 70 I should be getting roasted out but am not. When you have on defrost or floor heat you can fill air coming out of dash vents. when unit is completely off you can fill air coming out of dash vents. -
check the coolant level, thermostat and make sure both heater hoses are hot. Roy -
Comment 1
Coolant level is fine. Will ckeck hoses. If not hot what does that mean? I have heard that the factory coolant which is Dex-Cool can plug heater core. -
You most likely have a bad blend door actuator motor. Roy is correct to make sure both heater hoses at firewall are hot. There's no heater control valve. Heat is controlled by a blend door. Of course there are other things you need to check before you just replace the actuator. Go to www.alldatadiy.com and purchase the info for anything concerning your truck for $26.95 for a whole year. -
Comment 1
Thank you. I have an appointmoint to get it worked on dec.15th I am trying to narrow down what it could be. Don't want them just replacing parts till they finnaly fix it. Anyone can be a parts replacer. I do have some mechanical background. Again thanks. I checked heater hoses at fire wall they were warm.Upper radiator hose warm lower hose cool. I could leave my hand on all hoses none where to the point where I would say man that's hot. -
This is a 1999 GMC Sonoma 2.2 4cylinder engine,both of these quit working at the same time.
i have done replaced the thermostat an flushed the lines does anyone know what the problem could be?
What needs to be replaced to make the vents get off the defrost and floor vents. The A/C works fine and also the blower motor. My only problem is I can not change the vent setting off of the defros...
Hi, Where is the heater motor resistor located and how is it accessed? Thank you, Mark K
Hi I've got a 2003 sonoma zr2 and I can't seem to get any heat coming out of the floor vents no matter which setting I use on the dash, when I do put it to just floor it will only come out of the d...