2000 BMW X5 Q&A

2000 BMW X5 Question: PROBLEM WITH CRANKING

WHEN CRAKING IT JUST KEEP TURNING OVER AND OVER BUT NOT CRANKING AFTER SEVERAL TRYS IT FINALLY CRANKS. BUT SOME TIME I SMELL GAS WHEN I KEEP TRYING. wHAT COULD THIS BE? -
You need to have a shop trouble shoot this before one day it won't start and you will have to have it towed. You can locate a shop near you here http://repairpal.com/directory?address=29720&car_brand_names=BMW -
answer #1: you need to have a shop trouble shoot this....WELL DUH! Gee, that could be the answer for ALL the questions. Quit posting will ya. look the fuel rail closely, check the pressure regulator and each injector for leakage. there's an upper and lower o-ring on each injector. -
Sounds like a problem I had with my car and it was my battery. My husband supspected and he was right. The battery is very expensive; however, it solved the problem. -
hI, just han this problem on my 05 x5 4.4 on thanksgivng day at a ski resort in the middle of nowhere some 150 miles from any BMW authorized repair shop( Kirkwood, CA.) After a day of skiing, went to start the car (outside temp about 10 degrees farenhieght)would crank , plenty of batttery, would not start. Thought maybe the alarm was disablig the engine as i droppe dthe electroni key thing int he snow and thougththat might have screwed it up. Turns out after reading the manual, at altitude and or cold weather , if the car does not star it says to push the gas pedal half way down and crank key for 10 secodns. ( what, push the pedal in afule injected engine??)So i drained the battery tryig to start the car for a half hour nearing paninc before i read this. Turns out the guy who offered me a jump was a Nissan certifed lead mechanic(my lucky day!)we hooked up the car with jumber cables for a while. He tried to start, noticed the smell of gas a the tail pipe which he said means the engine is flooded. he then pushed the gas pedal down and cranked the key for about 10 seconds and it started, in a slowly chuging/ coughing kind of way. as soon as i started to run he floored it to blow out the un-ignited gas in the exhaust system before it coudl back fire. He explained the reason you push the gas pedal down is this tells the computer the engine is flooded and then triggers a flood mode which blows air only thru the engine to clear the gas so it will start. I'll keep this trick mind for future cold at alltitude(7000ft) no starts. Hope this helps. Good Luck -
at times the motor will crank longer than normal, you will stop cranking and try again and motor will start but you will smell heavy fuel out the tail pipe and motor will be ruff and than clear up,...
I would like to verify the flat rate labor time to remove and replace my automatic transmission . Vehicle is a 2001 BMW X5 , 3.0 L , all wheel drive . Than...
was driving and overheated and shutoff days later crank up and filled with water and its going on ground looks like for about middle of transmission were can it be linking from