2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Q&A

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Question: Problem shifting 2nd to 3rd gear on automatic transmission, shift solenoid

Have check engine, the computer says it needs the shift solenoid, the problem is it will not shift from 2nd to 3rd gear on an automatic transmission. Also found a vacuum line near to transmission disconnected but not sure where it goes. How much is the cost to replace them? Do I need a new transmission? It turns on fine and shifts fine from 1st to 2nd gear. Has close to 250,000 miles, never had transmission problem before. -
2004 Silervado. Just had my transmission fluid flushed and filled and now my transmission is acting up. Slow shifting from 2 to 3. Cannot run on highway. No Check Engine but dealer says may need shift solenoid. Did they mess something up? -
will not shift from 2nd to 3rd gear on an automatic transmission. Also found a vacuum line near to transmission disconnected but not sure where it goes. How much is the cost to replace them? Do I need a new transmission? It turns on fine and shifts fine from 1st to 2nd gear. Has close to 250,000 miles, never had transmission problem before. Your answer -
Hey,i have the same problem.They say you have to take it to a shop. -
I have the same issue with my 1992 dodge caravan and already replaced the high speed sensor . Is the shift solenoid the same thing as shift modulator which is the only other part I can think of that could be causing the car o pop out of Drive after it warms up and then wont let it go back into drive . I can only drive in 2nd and get HORRID gas mileage , WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOURS ?? help needed badly and only replies here are for same problem NO SOLUTIONS . I bought this to rescue dogs and cant get out of town to pick up dogs from high kill shelters car has only 150,000 miles and runs awesome otherwise , I really NEED HELP to fix this as cheaply as possible as Im a disabled woman on fixed income who volunteers tpo help death row dogs and CANT GO OVER 40 mph HELP PLEASE I cant afford a new car -